Red Dwarf - two new episodes

Fried Egg

Red Dwarf voyages back to Earth
Cult comedy Red Dwarf is returning to TV, 21 years after its initial launch.

The show has been resurrected by digital channel Dave for a two-part Easter weekend special, which sees the cast finally return to Earth.
This could be interesting...after a disappointing last series, can they end this classic show on a high note?

I'll definitely be watching, and I'll be interested to see how it ends, too. I'd love to see it end on a high.:)

My friend mentioned this to me sometime late last year and I got very excited (and warned him I may have to kill him if he was lying to me) Seeing it on the BBC website last night finally made it official. I can't wait, I actually can't wait, I adore Red Dwarf. I can't wait to see Rimmer again, the man is a legend!

Hurrah! Saw an interview with Robert Llewellyn last year where he was suggesting that a one-off special might be on the cards, and now we have confirmation! Can't wait...:cool:

*does soft-shoe shuffle around the room*

I'm also looking forward to see what comes out and will certainly be watching avidly. However, it will be with a sense of trepidation. There's a fad for collecting old casts and doing specials ("To the Manor Born - Silver Anniversary" and "This Life 10" or whatever it was called)... and they're not always that good. "Classic" serials tend to gain aplomb through rose-tinted memories and trying to recreate such material is more than likely to miss the mark... But, I'll still be glued to the TV on transmission day...