Wild speculation thread* Possible spoilers*

Ice fyre

Dark Lord
Black will do till they invent a darker colour. U
I have looked through this page and not seen a thread like this that I can see.

I thought that as were about half way through the series (or So Mr Butcher has mentioned along the way) I thought we could do some wild speculation on how the series is going to end.

Lets think outside the box here.

Any thoughts speculation or points you've noticed about the series so far.

As I've put this up here I'll start by considering the main questions for me.

1. Who's on the "Black Council"
2. Who will take the swords up as Michael is badly wounded almost probably crippled.
3. Will Harry ever get together with Bob?
4. Ok ok I mean Murphy! But it got your attention didnt it.;):D

No idea who's on the 'Black Council', though just about anyone seems suspect at this point.

As for the swords, there's so much speculation, I don't know that any of us will know before Jim wants us to know.

On the Harry/Bob question - I'm gonna point out the impossibility first and the improbability second. Plus, there's the 'ick' factor.

On the Harry/Murphy question - I really hope not. I don't like the idea of them together.

This thread is to explore out theory's I just feel its going to be fun to see what we come up with.

My theory is that a rather big hitter is providing help and succuor to the Black council. Now there is one person not mentioned apart from in the passing in the Dresden books but who must be there.

Highlight to see my theory as some may not want to read it.

My theory, the Morning Star himself is behind this. Yup I think Lucifer is providing indiirect support to the "Black Council" Why? Well I think that he wants both winter and summer to fight, and the white councl to fight the vampire courts. When the dust settles and the surviors the strongest of all still stand, having being tested by war, He will pop up ...so's to speak and blame god. With a newly created battle hardened force of some of realities nastiest creatures he will ascend and attack the pearly gates.

Well? Any thoughts?

That seems a bit ambitious and I'm not sure that's the direction Jim's going with the story. It's a theory.

I know Jim's mentioned 'apocalyptic trilogy', but I don't think he's aiming quite that high with it.

As to the Black Council, I suppose it is too facile to list The Merlin. Just because I don't like him. He is a pain in the backside and a snob. However, I have suspected him from the beginning.

I too, do not want Murphy and Harry to get together. They are suited as friends, but not as hubby and honey. Susan is too smart for that, even if Harry may not always be.

I also have no real clue about the two swords in Harry's care. I have a real hard time seeing Harry as one of the Swordbearers. It just does not fit his character, IMO, nor with his agnostic views, and so forth. Yes, Yes, I know the Russian guy is a presumed atheist, if such exist in foxholes. hehe

I want the Harry Luccio romance to flourish. I want to see some bad guys get offed and I do not care which world they live in.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Thomas got a sword? I have a feeling that the eternally damned thing might get in the way, however.

I want one of those swords given out in the next book. Why not Morgan? He may be a tight###, but he is powerful and righteous, to a fault, and he is very good fighter. I look forward to the next book with great anticipation. :)

I was thinking/hoping Morgan might receive one when I saw the overview and title of the next book.

I was trying to imply that Luccio could be a plant for the black council...

Is Susan still around? I haven't seen her show up in the books for awhile but people seem to be talking about her a bunch here, did I miss something?

Susan hopefully is gone and I like Murphy because Harry needs somebody who can stand up with him, but Murphy would have to change some to be able to do that. Equal partners and all that.

I also don't think the hidden theory above will come to pass, just because it doesn't really seem to fit the way the books are going. Least in my opinion.

From Seiltari:
I was trying to imply that Luccio could be a plant for the black council...

Ouch, I hope that one turns out to be wrong. I like her! However, I must admit the use of a femme fatale is not a new thing. I find it hard that she would be so blackhearted as to be a turncoat on the man who saved her life. Especially since it is in such a nice body. The old one was a little dumpy, IIRC.

I would look for other members among the surviving Wardens. I would not be surprised if we discover the sure identity of at least one in the next book. I still like the Merlin as a chief member of the BC. ;)

Jim has said that Susan will be back in a future book. So she'll be around in at least one more. I rather like Susan, but I'm obviously in the minority.

My theory is that Gatekeeper is Justin. But, that's b/c I like to think evil thoughts. *eg*

Isn't The Merlin just a bit obviously anti-Harry to be a member of the BC?

Unless, of course, it's a double-bluff...:p

I also thought Merlin would be just a bit too easy for the BC.

Luccio or Susan would both be great for it, and yeah, I am a bit biased as I didn't like Susan much. I do like Luccio, but I think it would be a nasty trick if she was part of the BC. While we're chewing people up on who might be BC, what about Ebenezer? That would really suck...
Does the BC have to be all human?

Interesting that some here do not like Susan. I do like her. However, she is such a stereotypical female who believes that she is the equal of a man in a firefight. That has always been ludicrous to me. No woman can be a man of equal training in a physical fight. She might outshoot you, but that is a different issue, altogether.

Harry needs an equal who will live as long as he is likely to live.

I do agree that the Merlin is too obvious. That is why I am saying he is guilty until proven innocent. I will go with the French system in his case.

Will we get a clue to see if Justin is really dead or not? The first book indicated that Harry saw him die. However, we have never seen the face of the cowled mage who was trying to kill everyone at the White Vamp council meeting. Harry thought he saw Elaine die and he was wrong about that. Though her death was a lot more circumstantial that Justin's.

You know, I hope Justin is really dead and gone. I think it would be really cliched to bring him back, better in my opinion to come up with a new or old unrealized antagonist.

I'm hoping that Justin isn't 'Cowl', b/c that would be cliché. However, if he's the Gatekeeper (who has been 'helping' Harry), that could prove a bit more interesting.

I agree, that I could maybe get by as it could prove interesting as long as he was and continued to try and help and not be a bad fellow.

How about whatser name, the fallen angel Harry entertained in his head for awhile... what if she is not gone???

Lasciel.

Would a member of the Denarians need to be in the Black Council, or have the control to remain undetected? I would have thought they'd be too arrogant and powerful in themselves to play the waiting game by infiltration and guile...

They could be using it for their own ends, it would be a good place for one of the physically but not mentally weaker Denarians...

But, actually, I meant that as a seperate subject. I was just wondering if she might really still be around.

Do the Denarians have ties to the Nevernever? It has seemed to me, perhaps wrongly, that they are more of the natural world. However, that does not deny likely ties to allies in the Nevernever.

I was sad to see the loss of so many of the coins and the loss of Michael as a sword knight. However, I do look forward to his replacement.

There are certainly a number of people who seem to be hiding out in the Nevernever who are really out to get Harry. Is one of them his dear departed Uncle? We will see.