Tracking down an epsiode...

Seaniboy

I wonder if anyone can help me...

I'm trying to track down the title of an episode that I can only dimly remember. I'm pretty sure that it was from a 1960s series of the Outer Limits. But it's just possible that it might have been the Twilight Zone. It's an old b/w episode.

In this episode a man is being kept prisoner on an uninhabited planet. To keep him company he has been given a female android (though he does not know that she is not human).

Having now served his sentence, he is due to be picked up by a spaceship and transported back to earth. But the commander of the ship tells him that there is no room for his female companion and that she will be left behind. This causes the prisoner to fly into a rage, as he claims to 'love' the android in question. The commander just laughs at him and rips off a plate on the android's body thereby exposing all her electronics and, of course, traumatising the prisoner.

Maybe I have got some details wrong - but I'm sure that was the gist of it.

Any help gratefully received!

Sean

Don't recall the exact title but it was "the Twilight Zone--I read the novelization of the tale in a Trilght Zone Tv tie in.

Yep, it was a Twilight Zone episode, written by Rod Serling himself: "The Lonely". A fine episode, with some very good performances. Serling's prose adaptation of the screenplay (in More Stories from the Twilight Zone, iirc) is every bit as good, albeit slightly different (able to give more backstory, character development, etc.). Both are quite affecting, as well....