Help please, If you liked these books...

chiz

I need book recomendations. BUT. I can't just anything on those list just because they are fantasy and I like fantasy. So if you've read more than 3 of these and you like them (not just a little), could you tell me what else you like?

Harry Potter
Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, ext(lol)
The Acts King Arthur and his Noble Knights
Southern Vampire Series
Baritmaeus Trilogy
Chronicles of Narnia
Gone With the Wind
The Count of Monte Cristo

Or maybe you know of a good site that tells you what book to read next? Maybe gives you a test? Ive tried looking around sites myself and have been to 'THis one next' but I didn't like it
TY TY TY

there really is no book that you "must read next" - I can say that I have read at least 3 on the list you give but that as a list its got a lot of varied content - from the heavy and descriptive Lord of the rings to the lighter tales of Narnia and Harry Potter.
I can recomend a few popular titles that many have found to be good reads;;

A Game of Thrones by George RR Martain = one of the most popular new books out and the starter to a fantastic series (call A Song of Ice and Fire). Well worth reading and comes highly recomended.

Gardens of the Moon by Steve Erikson - in many ways the polar opposite to the story above -though both are written in the same style the content is very different. In this world the magic is strong and highly visable, the gods play on the earth and man is not alone in ruling the lands.

If you are after something a bit lighter then I can recomend:
Temeraire by Naomi Norvik - new author and she is off to a cracking start with this book of dragons and the Napolionic wars! A very different way to wage war.

The Book of Jhereg by Steven Brust - ligher righting again though still with its darker side

And then there is God - well sort of he gets a whole self to himself in most bookstores ;)

The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett - very lighthearted fantasy in a very mad world - fantastically humerous! worth reading and following the tales of the Diskworld

Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials is a trilogy worth reading

Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials is a trilogy worth reading

That might be a good one... Golden Compass is the first book (or Northern Lights if you're in the UK).

I might recommend against Game of Thrones and Garden of the Moon. I've read the former and it was excellent, but it's a vastly different kind of story from anything you listed there. Dozens of characters, more political intrigue than heroism and adventure... like I said, great series, but very different from what you listed.

Perhaps "Lies of Locke Lamora" might be up your alley though... it kind of has the Renaissance setting of Monte Cristo, lots of adventure and mystery. A really good book, though the sequel was a big disappointment. It can also be pretty gritty and adult-themed, if that's a problem.

Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden is a must if you like urban fantasy series with vampires or wizard etc

The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester is good to read after The Count of Monte Cristo. Its a SF but it has somethings in common with the great Dumas book...

I second the Dresden books.
You might like the Kelley Armstrong books - 1 series is werewolves, the other series is witches, demons, wizards...
My daughter recommends the Pendragon books, and seconds the Dark Materials Trilogy.

<Southern Vampire Series> I take you mean the Sookie Stackhouse ones.

If you like them try "Kim Harrison's" the Hollow series with Vampire PI Rachael Morgan 1st one is DEAD WITCH WALKING.

Or try some classic fantasy like Jack Vance's Dying Earth series, Fritz Leiber's Saga:Fafhrd & The Gray Mouser ,to name some

Last edited:
Book recommendations? All I can really recommend that's out there I won't be laughed at for mentioning would, once more, be the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony.

The first seven were written within close order of each other, but the eighth-Under A Velvet Cloak-was done about ten years or so after its predecessor.

It's also the one that takes place at the earliest time of all eight. Still, a pretty decent series if you don't mind religious fantasy.....

The Books of Pern by Anne McCaffrey are very popular, especially if you like the real fantasy with dragons in it.

Jennifer Fallon is another good author who's written a few trilogies. There are some wonderful characters in them and her story lines are interesting.

Tad Williams another very good author. Memory, Sorrow & Thorn series is the first to read.

Garth Nix, The Old Kingdom series, well I think that's what is called. The books in the series are Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen. There is also his Keys to the Kingdom series. Both series are aimed at a younger audience but are enjoyable for all ages.