What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Official. It's a prequel, about Drummer. Telltale previously did games based on The Walking Dead.

Official. It's a prequel, about Drummer. Telltale previously did games based on The Walking Dead.

I like their games a lot. My favorite one is The Wolf Among Us, based on a Vertigo comic titled Fables. A sequel has been announced.

Got myself a copy of Universe Sandbox. Not so much a game as a simulation. In this image, I've been mucking around with Earth's rotation and the extra spinning force is destroying our planet. Now, I'm off to play around with a black hole:)
Universe Sandbox - 20230321-121742.png

Warhammer 40, 000: Darktide.

Darktide_art.jpg

Downloaded, but not played yet. Looks like it could be a fun game.

Saw a trailer for The Last Spell and immediately bought it. It's an turn-based strategy RPG with base building and rogue-lite elements, kind of like a medieval XCOM with magic and zombies. Only played it for a couple of hours so far but I can tell it's going to be an enormous time sink and hard as nails :LOL:

That reminds me a bit of the project that got either cancelled or delayed when Larian Studios were hired for Baldur's Gate 3. They'd planned on making a Divinity Original Sin 2 spinoff in the XCOM mould and it looked bloody fantastic. Was very disappointed it's led nowhere (to date, anyway).

Finally got through to the endgame section of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. I'm liking a lot of the game, although I still think the first two parts are the best as they have the keenest story focus. I do like the variety of companions and mythic paths (went for the basic Angel mythic path this time, but I've heard Aeon is very good for a second playthrough and Azata[sp] is apparently excellent).

Edited extra bit: It was called Divinity Fallen Heroes, for those interested.

Last edited:
The Last Spell looks interesting but why does the narrator have a really bad quasi-Scottish accent?

I’m back playing some Skyrim. It’s quite the stress reliever. It’s like having a holiday in the mountains where you get to kill stuff:)

I’ve reached level 28 and busy working through the mage quests. I had to use a focusing lens and line up reflectors on some kind of orrery. Just couldn’t get stuff to line up so had to admit defeat and go online for the solution. Turned out I had to use frost and flame spells to adjust the lens. Back to the game and after a few more tries, I managed to complete the task. That’s when I noticed to frost and flame tomes lying conveniently nearby. Talk about a heavy hint…

Good job I’m not a detective (if I were, I’d be Clouseau).

Skyrim is better than any other game for just being generally relaxing.

The Last of Us PC port comes out today. Not sure when i'll get an opportunity to play it.

I got a lot of games off the 3DS eshop at the last minute before it closed down for good. Most of them were £3 - £4, which was good.

Back playing Skyrim. I say ’playing’ but in reality I’m more like a tourist. Sometimes I’ll clear out a nest of baddies but mostly I love just wandering around, discovering places and admiring the view. Recently found a dwarf place (Mzinchaleft). I fought mechanical guardians for the first time. I’m level 20 now so it wasn’t too difficult.

Last time I was in Skyrim, I was taking the scenic route north of Ivarstead and discovered a Nirnroot farm. The countless hours I've played it and I'm still finding new places.

Last time I was in Skyrim, I was taking the scenic route north of Ivarstead and discovered a Nirnroot farm. The countless hours I've played it and I'm still finding new places.
Funny you mention encountering that for the first time, a that's my usual route (for Ivarstead, I take the cart to Riften then head west). I've had the same thing in other places, though.

Last night I had a go on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, which is basically Assassin's Creed 2.5, and is set in Renaissance Rome. It feels weaker than Assassin's Creed 2: the combat has been changed and is much harder, and it's got an irritating system where it's very difficult to complete a mission well, and easy to just get half marks. It feels like a big step down from the previous game, although it's not changed all that much.

I think I've played 1200+ hours, and I only discovered that Markarth had a general store two weeks ago (All their buildings look the same!!) :LOL:

I'm struggling to find places to sell stuff in Skyrim. It was much easier to do this in Oblivion but there seems to be a real dearth of retailers with plenty of gold coin in this game.

Also, as I've progressed I've discovered how susceptible I am to fire. Is there some kind of fire protection ring or something similar I could acquire? I recently died at the hands of Cultists who kept bombarding me with fireballs. I can manage one or two but they seem to appear in groups of three or four.