What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Yea, but Call of Duty was never meant to have a serious multiplayer, at least after the original game. It was very arcadey but got progressively worse as the series went on. I do still remember the WaW campaign start with the flamethrower though, so it certainly did a good job with that.

Was the dino game Zoo Tycoon: Dinosaur Digs by any chance?

I been having with the big train set that is Transport Fever 2.
I'm not big on train simulators but did play Railway Empire last month. It was pretty entertaining for a while but lacked enough to keep me interested.

I think it's called Dinotopia. It's very cartoony and quite fun, if simple. You acquire some dinosaur eggs and build a little theme park. Predictably, every so often a dinosaur breaks loose. I've managed to tranquilise them and put them back before they ate the visitors, fortunately. That must be some strong tranquiliser to stop a Triceratops.

The Zoo Tycoon one. It started as a regular zoo game and had a dinosaur expansion. That meant you could literally put the goat in with the t-rex.

I remember it being pretty good, in a dumb sort of way. It also had the escapes and the tranquilising and the cartooniness, which is why my mind went to it. All I recall about Dinotopia is that it was an amazingly detailed storybook I had as a kid.

@Toby Frost Hang on just one finger-lickin' minute... you could remember the name of the anklyosaurs but not Parkasaurus...

It also looks a lot like Parkitect but for a zoo :)

Picked up War In The Pacific:Admiral’s Edition for £12.80 in a sale at Matrix Games (normally going for £61).

I already have the standard edition and, so far, I‘ve noticed better UI performance and graphical improvements. It’s also meant to have better AI but it will take me a while to delve deep enough into this monster game to find that out.

I’d forgotten how complicated this game is. My brain is already balking at the horror.

Ordered an Analogue Pocket. Looooooong wait for it (don't know which pre-order group I'm in yet) but couldn't resist.

I downloaded Endless Sky (open-source free on Steam) and it's surprisingly solid. A pretty decent space ship/fleet based trading/fighting open world. Put like 20 hours into it over the last 2 weeks and it's easy to play even with the incredibly deep ship customisation and stuff.

Definitely recommend anyone interested in sci-fi games like this to try it out. Totally free, no microtransactions or anything, literally free in the classic sense of freeware :)

Playing Final Fantasy VII (remake). It's quite weird having it be a million miles from the original in terms of technology. Quite liking it so far, though.

After 10 years or so, I managed to get Fable 3 to work on my computer again. It's great. It's too simple to be a proper role-playing game, but it's got some interesting ideas that never quite come together. It's also really entertaining and quite funny in places. The voice-acting cast is amazing: Stephen Fry, Simon Pegg, Bernard Hill and John Cleese, among others. I like the look and tone of it very much and you can dress up in silly ways and impress people by belching at them. What more could anyone want?

Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe. Still the nearest thing (that folk like me who lack the space) to having a train set on your PC. Not only that, it’s free at GOG.com

If you want to find it there, don’t search for transport tycoon. Instead, type in OpenTTD.
60B6F810-24EE-4500-A6C4-4663D47E9007.jpeg

Playing Final Fantasy VII (remake). It's quite weird having it be a million miles from the original in terms of technology. Quite liking it so far, though.
If you're not there already, wait until you get to the Airbuster fight - I played that whole sequence with a big grin on my face :)

Just bought, installed and fired up for the first time Kerbal Space Program. Looks like it might be fun but I'm suspecting it will take a while to figure out how to get a rocket into space.

It is, after all, rocket science :)

Just bought, installed and fired up for the first time Kerbal Space Program. Looks like it might be fun but I'm suspecting it will take a while to figure out how to get a rocket into space.

It is, after all, rocket science :)
No shortage of YouTube videos to help you. Scott Manley is a good one

No shortage of YouTube videos to help you. Scott Manley is a good one
And after losing a number of astronauts in tutorial number 2 (I had trouble deploying the chute on re-entry), YouTube is exactly where I had to go.
This video was helpful and I know what went wrong (tutorial never mentioned that you can get your astronaut to help control the attitude of the craft). Hopefully my days of losing astronauts because the module nose-dived into the ground are over.
Initially very frustrating but I think it could be a lot of fun once the basics are mastered.

And after losing a number of astronauts in tutorial number 2 (I had trouble deploying the chute on re-entry), YouTube is exactly where I had to go.
This video was helpful and I know what went wrong (tutorial never mentioned that you can get your astronaut to help control the attitude of the craft). Hopefully my days of losing astronauts because the module nose-dived into the ground are over.
Initially very frustrating but I think it could be a lot of fun once the basics are mastered.
Quill also did a great series. Personally I can get a kerbal into orbit but never have the fuel to bring them home.

Did anyone ever try to get the Space Shuttle into orbit (and home) in Activision's game on the Atari VCS? Now that really was a challenge!