What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Is there a "Contact Us" form on the EA website?

They won't do anything as I am unable to verify the account from the old email address. Reading up on it, a lot of people have encountered the same problem.

Actually, Fallen Order has just gone on sale on Steam for £17, so that's much my preferred option anyway :giggle:

I can't count the number of hours I've spent playing Nethack. It was a serious addiction for a while.
It was my gateway drug.
I LOVE Caves of Qud, it is a brilliant game. Jason Grinblat's writing is wonderful. I have 100's of hours in that gem.
It's the currently the gift that keeps on giving for me, always new surprises built into the game system. And all those gorgeous little sprites...

The prose writing I find a little off though actually. I find myself distracted from immersion by the odd phrasings and word use. I like my SF and fantasy prose to be peppered with archaic or invented words but the descriptions in this game are just plain confusing. I do think the setting is original, however, especially when post apocalyptic and fantasy worlds are both such clichés now that they involve nothing which feels fantastic or surprising. And despite any criticisms I might have I'm just in awe of this game.

From all the games I was flitting between, Ys IX: Monstrum Nox has turned out to be the one that has grabbed me and kept me playing. I'm not surprised by this as Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is one of my all-time favourite games, but that had resulted in me approaching Ys IX with some trepidation in case it was a let down. It isn't, though - it may even be better. Navigating the Isle of Seiren in Ys VIII could be a pain because the map was almost indecipherable at times, but moving around the prison city of Balduq in Ys IX is an absolute joy using the Monstrum skills (teleportation, running up walls, gliding from rooftops, and more).

The pc port is fantastic but I originally started the game on Switch and it was not good at all.

I've been playing Xcom 2. It's excellent, especially because you can customise the soldiers to look suitably silly. At the moment, the cast of Space Captain Smith are doing quite well.

I've been dipping back into The Witcher 3 now and then (still not levelled enough for the DLC [I know you can just skip to it, but I prefer not to]).

Still a fantastic game.

I've been dipping back into The Witcher 3 now and then (still not levelled enough for the DLC [I know you can just skip to it, but I prefer not to]).

Still a fantastic game.

Some of the best DLC ever made, IMO. Blood & Wine, in particular, is good enough and long enough to be a stand alone game. In fact, it's better than a lot of triple A games. I'm just waiting for them to release the next gen update and then I'm intending to play it again.

I picked up Jedi Fallen Order on sale on Steam. Played the first hour or so last night and can't remember the last time a Star Wars game made me feel that much like I was in a Star Wars movie. It plays very much like an Uncharted game set in the Star Wars universe. Whilst I'm not actually sure its a great game yet, it looks and sounds awesome.

How far into Jedi are you, Bugg? Once you get off the scrapper planet, the game starts to excel in my opinion. It rewards exploration and there is a good learning curve. I envy you playing for the first time. :)

I've uninstalled mine and will play it again when the sequel is released.

How far into Jedi are you, Bugg? Once you get off the scrapper planet, the game starts to excel in my opinion. It rewards exploration and there is a good learning curve. I envy you playing for the first time. :)

I've uninstalled mine and will play it again when the sequel is released.

I've just learned how to wall run (y)

Definitely has an Uncharted/new Tomb Raider feel to it, in terms of movement and set pieces at least.

Still a fantastic game.
If you haven't tried yet, I strongly advise getting some mods for the game. There were so many little wrinkles that got ironed out for me with them and it made the game almost totally perfect.

Alas, I am but a poor console peasant. No mods for me.

I’m back to playing Shadow Empire. All the latest patches have really improved what was already a good solid game.

I’ve just nationalised my transport network and seen a drop in popularity because of it. **** em! I’m the boss, They won’t be complaining when I start invading neighbouring territories and start bringing in the glory:)

Is that the Paradox gangster game?

I bought Death Stranding yesterday as it was 60% off on the Steam sale. It looks like something I'd enjoy.

Is that the Paradox gangster game?

No, it’s a planetary conquest 4x. It’s quite deep with private and state economies, industry, politics, logistics, bureaucracy, etc. It’s taken me months to figure things out and I’m still a novice. It’s all set on a post-apocalyptic world that you can generate from a variety of planets and options. It has the usual 4x stuff like technology to research, diplomacy and, of course, war. Sometimes, it’s not just other regimes that threaten. It could be the natural fauna (like giant spiders)

My biggest criticism is that the end goal should be to get back into space and then to go on and conquer other planets devastated by the ‘Dissolution War’. That would elevate it from very good to awesome:)

Here’s a review

Surely you can reset your EA account?

Jedi: Fallen Order was an excellent game, i thought. It took my 23 hours, but i have read some people who beat it in 16 hours. Still, a great gaming experience with interesting planets. Zeffo and Dathomir was a blast. I adored this game.

I loved all the planets! Such a great game - just thankful someone out there still realises there's a market for single-player games.

I've just booted up Flight Simulator now that they've fixed a lot of bugs. Such a beautiful game.

I've picked up Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology on the 3DS again. It's a really fun JRPG, with a well-developed story, an interesting battle system and an incredible soundtrack. I have a habit of drifting in and out of RPGs, but I'm going to try and stick with it now until the end, to get the most out of the story.

I bought a new m.2 drive for game storage so I've been downloading games I like the look of from my overflowing Steam library now I have the space.

First up in the order of play, Middle Earth - Shadow of War, and first up holy hell that was a big download. Played a few hours last night and it seems okay, though with the same downsides of the first where everything seems to get a cutscene which breaks the flow of the game a lot :(

I've picked up Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology on the 3DS again. It's a really fun JRPG, with a well-developed story, an interesting battle system and an incredible soundtrack. I have a habit of drifting in and out of RPGs, but I'm going to try and stick with it now until the end, to get the most out of the story.

I loved that game! I kept annoying myself by switching between the original and the updated character artwork, though :LOL:

Played a bit more of Jedi Fallen Order (now on Zeffo) but I really must finish one or two of the other games I've got going. Ys IX is the best of the lot, so I'm concentrating on this . . . mostly :giggle: