What Game Are You Currently Playing?

I've been playing GTA a lot with the UK lockdown but i have expanded into red dead and thoroughly enjoying star trek online.

Horizon: Zero Dawn.

God of War

Might buy Skyrim Special Edition soon.

Wow, someone that hasn't bought Skyrim. I can't remember the last time I met someone like that ;)

Still you might finish it before me, I've only played 1200 hours since I bought it in....2013 I think...and I've still to finish one or two of the major plotlines.

I might, after fiinshing the Outer Worlds, do a whirlwind campaign with the special edition to actually finish it. Or I might just buy something else, like Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Well, just finished The Outer Worlds on supernova difficulty.

Very polished game and fun. Nice little RPG from Obsidian. Overall really enjoyed it.

But for me personally, for the sort of RPG I like, not quite there.

1) A bit too small. Felt like a number of DLC's strung together. Each map was fun at first, but once you had exhausted the missions it quickly felt a bit soulless and empty. Got a tad bored going back to Monarch to get bits and pieces, to have the same enemies spawn at exactly the same points. Prefer big open worlds, a bit of randomness etc.

2) Survival mechanics and Supernova difficulty...too easy. Never once got into trouble because of thirst, hunger or sleep. Too much stuff just lying about. Occasionally got held at a difficulty spike when meeting new enemies for the first time - for example the mauraders outside Stellar Bay, then the first Mantiqueen group, or first time meeting a group of Primals - which I enjoyed. But for all its faults I rate the survival difficulty of Fallout 4 way ahead. (Plus also better mechanics.)

3) The companion system. Probably the one thing that irritated me the most. On supernova difficulty they can die, (until you get to the top level of perks where you are then able to pick a perk that can revive them), and also they are flimsy in term of HP and the enemies can pack a punch at the start. So it meant that I was not using them aggressively - as they would invariably die - only 'switching them on' to combat when I knew we were down to the last enemy and they would probably not get themselves killed (Oh, and also take down those irritating mantiswarms). So it meant that I was being attacked by hostiles while they would completely ignore the companions, they themselves just walking behind me as if nothing was happening. Wish there was a better way of doing it.

Of course I could have just done everything lone wolf....but the companions had great bonuses for skills so needed to be along for the ride.

Anyway just minor points. Would be happy to play the next story content that should be coming along soon.

I’ve re-installed Fallout 2. I got a fair bit through it many years ago bit never managed to finish it. Hopefully I’ll do better this time around.

Inspired by the big update (and constantly seeing Steam jabber on about the free weekend) I decided to start a new Stellaris playthrough. Going okay, but the whole galactic congress thing is like the UN/Europe in space and it really saps the fun out of the game because nobody really declares war all that much anymore :)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I've played through the main game and two of the DLCs, currently playing through the "A Criminal Past" DLC and loving it. Easily my second favorite gaming experience on PS4 after Bloodborne. Jensen is pretty much an edgy Neo, but I can look past it because the art direction is incredible and the plot with its unfolding conspiracies is awesome.

May well get Stellaris for the PS4 in the future.

Just ordered Age of Wonders: Planetfall. Sci-fi mix of Civ and XCOM, it looks like (B-tier, perhaps, but looks fun).

Planetfall is good fun, it has some rougher edges that I'd really like them to clean up, but the game is solid. They've also a new expansion coming out next week adding a new race and minor races and such.

Thief 2 again. It's still excellent.

I got a valorant key after about 7 hours of having a stream on in the background, so I'm reliving how woeful I am now compared to 2 decades ago when it comes to competitive FPS games.

I got a valorant key after about 7 hours of having a stream on in the background, so I'm reliving how woeful I am now compared to 2 decades ago when it comes to competitive FPS games.

Ha, competitive gaming really is a young man's game :)

Overread, yeah, I like the game (blogged about it, linked in that thread). I wish my PS4 weren't so damned noisy during battles, though.

I've been playing Trials of Mana. It's remake of an old action JRPG that never made it to these shores, and what's interesting about it is that you have a choice of 6 main characters, and can pick a further two to recruit as you progress in your story. In practice it works out a lot like Dragon Age:Origins.

Each character also has a potential to level up their class in 4 different directions, some focusing more on magic, some on tanking, and some on buffing/debuffing, so it's made with replayability in mind in trying new combinations of characters and classes.

What I'm also liking is that each main character has their own villains, who end up getting in each other's way as much as they do yours

What platform(s) is that for?

In pleasant news, the battles seem a bit quieter in Planetfall so I played quite a lot of it yesterday. Getting to grips with systems etc and liking it quite a lot.

Been on WoW a lot more lately than I expected. Haven't cared much for BFA, but kinda giving it another shot and enjoying the Horde side more than the Alliance this time around. I look for fights to get into with my Demo-Warlock and so far I haven't fallen to even large pulls. I think it's making me cocky.