What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Eschalon Book 3. I'm loving this series. It kind of reminds me of my days rambling the internet wilderness in Ultima Online:)

That comment reminds me of the MUD, Fatal Dimensions. I loved that game. Sadly died due to lack of activity (spent over a decade there, I think).

I played Pharaoh and Cleopatra yesterday. :giggle: It's still good.

Hidden and Dangerous 2: Sabre Squadron

This is an old and somewhat clunky game in which you control a team of SAS soldiers and carry out a variety of missions in WW2. It's difficult and is neither a great strategy game or a great shooter, but I enjoyed it very much. It's atmospheric and requires a degree of planning and caution that you don't see in a lot of shooting games.

Best of all, I discovered that many of the (very British) voices were done by one Xander Armstrong. This is actually Alexander Armstrong, the comedian, who as half of Armstrong and Miller did a sketch about two puerile fighter pilots. He clearly had the right voice for the job!

Just completed Eschalon 3. Significantly shorter than the other two but enjoyable nonetheless. The very fact that I finished them all probably means they may be too easy for some but (as Goldilocks said) just right for me. Not a lot of money spent so enjoyment per pound is very high indeed:)

I've just bought all five of the Geneforge series for a pittance on GOG so may give them a try soon.

Still playing Civ VI.

I do think some mechanics in the expansions should've been included in the main game, particularly the ability to flip cities using culture.

Back on Dragon's Dogma, a crazy roleplaying/adventure game seemingly made by someone who had been told about The Lord of the Rings by a drunken friend in a noisy pub. The duke summoned my person to his castle, apparently to give them a mission. Two minutes later and I'm wearing a party hat and about to start a lesbian affair with the duchess. None of this is down to player choice.

Dragon's Dogma has utterly fantastic combat, though.

It's a damned shame there wasn't a proper sequel (there was some online nonsense nobody wanted).

Dragon's Dogma is a weird RPG, though. The combat's fantastic and the story's weak (it's got a good premise and ending but just goes missing for over half the game), plus the armour/clothing options are really nice. I also like the main pawn/second character approach, hoping some open world RPGs nick that in the future.

I reinstalled Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes at the weekend, before spending 7 hours playing through a random map. Hadn't touched it in over 4 years and it was old even then, but surprisingly it holds up. Was never a popular 4x, but plenty of magic and light RPG elements make it quite fun (if about as gamey as you can get).

Doubt I'll bother with another match but it was a nice distraction (or a naughty distraction to my writing - dealers choice).

I'm going to return to a Witcher 3 game soon. Give it a chance. The story is fantastic. It's arguably the best game of this generation.

I've started The Witcher 3. I played the first game a long time ago, found it very difficult and gave up. This game is odd: it looks great but so far my main impression is that it's cumbersome and slow. I feel that I'm not doing much more than I'd do in Skyrim, except that it's a lot more fiddly.
Mods, mods, and more mods and it's the best game I've ever played. Without them it is still clunky and a bit annoying :)

Dishonored 2. This series is really fantastic.
Love that series. I still need to play the standalone expansion thing they did for number 2 but the main game was really bloody good. Like every level just oozes style, and the mechanics are great.

Right now I'm playing Space Engineers (trying not to crash into the ground).

Reactions: Vaz
Jumped back into PlanetSide2 after a long time away. Loved the first version.

Space Empires IV Deluxe with the Star Trek mod installed. Currently in a seemingly never ending war with the The Tholians. They keep sending their dreadnoughts through the warp point and I keep filling the zone with mines. Just waiting for an opportunity to nip through and seed their colonies with plague bombs. That’ll sort em:)

I have vague memories of a rather cool Tholian webspinner.