What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Though I do not play many games, I do miss flying online, playing the IL2 Sturmovik series and RB3d. Lots and lots of wasted hours (great folks though and good times)... but... Lots of real history learned as well.

K2

Homeworld Remastered. I bought the Remastered Collection some time ago and it's been sitting there until now.

For the first time in many years, Half-Life 2. It really is excellent. In particular, it's really good at depicting its setting without explaining much directly to the player. It's quite violent and the setting is bleak, but it has this cheerful feeling that I think comes from the dated graphics. The characters are surprisingly well fleshed-out. Still recommended, even now.

Have been doing various Rimworld scenarios. And sometimes you just have to go cannibal because you find yourself recreating the Doner Party. (Although, after many deaths and the colony a few hours away from wiping, it has actually managed to get back to spring and growing season. I'm impressed by the tenacity of those pawns.)

Have been doing various Rimworld scenarios. And sometimes you just have to go cannibal because you find yourself recreating the Doner Party. (Although, after many deaths and the colony a few hours away from wiping, it has actually managed to get back to spring and growing season. I'm impressed by the tenacity of those pawns.)
Rimworld's one of the greats! I'm sure I've racked up around 300-400 hours on steam on it :-(

Been playing Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar when I can. The game is a certified meme, but it's fun, and I like the campiness of it. I'm also thinking about trying out Heroes of Might and Magic III.

I recently started playing Eschalon Book 1 (which I picked up from GOG.com for just a few quid... also bought books 2 & 3). It's an old school computer RPG - isometric - none of this FPS malarky. I'm really enjoying it:)

I recently started playing Eschalon Book 1 (which I picked up from GOG.com for just a few quid... also bought books 2 & 3). It's an old school computer RPG - isometric - none of this FPS malarky. I'm really enjoying it:)
This actually looks pretty good.

I tried their Geneforge series games a while back, but their engine just feels so very very dated. It was more little issues and things that felt cumbersome having come from modern games more than its visuals.

The only two issues I've come across are
1) sometimes some of the textures don't load when entering an area
and 2) combat can be a bit fiddly. It's very easy to move instead of strike a blow if you're not precise enough where you click the mouse.

Apart from that , the three games came in at less than £20 total and I think it's great value:)

Oh yes...one more thing. I found it to be very slow with Direct X drivers so opted for OpenGL and it performed much better. You can choose which to use at the startup screen.

I'm most of the way through the final act of Divinity Original Sin II. Getting more stuff done, and more competent in combat, than my first time around.

Might go for another playthrough, or flit back to The Witcher 3 (new playthrough + DLC for the first time), or get Civ VI next. But for now I'm enjoying a few different choices and generally getting more stuff done.

We've just reached The Nameless Isle in our co-op playthrough of DOS II.

I'm at my partner's house, and I introduced their little brother to Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. I pulled out my computer to play with him, but something happened to the kernel -- Linux -- and spent the rest of the evening debugging and fixing the damn thing. Hopefully we can game tomorrow.

Ah dear, doing a 'mega run' of various Rimworld locations picked at random but all different. My current Desert biome colony, on Randy Random and not quite the hardest difficulty, set in mountainous terran (colony called "Death Valley") is just managing to get through it's third winter.

Everyone died bar one in the first winter to hypothermia (I started all colonies on Tribal so it's taken ages to research and I was nowhere near any power options for all of the first year. Plus they only had their stupid tribalware clothes). The man in black came in as well to save me...

Survived the second winter with three pawns, but we essentially had to eat all the humans (raw as I had no fuel or electricity to cook anything*) that we killed in the large numbers in loads of raids, because I did manage to build a welcoming entrance to my base (<cough> kill box <cough, cough>)

Managing to get some power in the third year, got the colony up to 7 pawns, and got hydroponics...yet, still nowhere near enough food to survive.

At least this time I can cut up the human flesh and cook it.

Despite the need to recreated the Doner party, I'm impressed by my pawns.

----------------------------------------

* I've stripped all the cacti and trees off the entire map, and I've not seen any wildlife on the map for about three seasons!

I downloaded Halo Master Chief files from Steam. This could be what I need to replace Half Life 2 in my gaming life.

I finished The Banner Saga 2 and picked up Assassin's Creed Odyssey in the Steam sale so made a start on that.

Playing some Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. I love the game's campiness and really like the combat, flow and overall UI. I know this isn't Baldur's Gate, but NVN is definitely scratching that RPG itch.

WoW has called me back. But I realised I didn't have any interest in playing until Shadowlands, so I'm just dabbling making gold :)