What Game Are You Currently Playing?

I loved Frostpunk. It also made me sad, frustrated, angry... about my own species. It's a brilliant take on 'human' and 'human behaviour' in a nutshell. I have played it for 17 hours in the first round, because I was so frustrated that I couldn't beat the easiest, first scenario. That is a lot for me.

I bought Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor: Martyr - or, as it should be called, Warhammer Diabolo - in a sale. It's very competently done, but really, it is Diabolo with guns. I'm about a 10th through it, and it's already feeling a bit samey.

It's interesting how less convincing the Warhammer 40,000 world feels when it's on a screen. It just feels a bit daft - there are skulls on everything, and every other word the characters say is "Heretic!". It doesn't help that some of the voice acting is a bit ropey. Still, it's entertaining enough.

I wish I could get excited about DIV - the cinematic they've posted is beyond awesome; but from what I've heard its an always online basically small team mmo thing. Basically following the same footsteps as DIII. Which means I can't get it.
It's not even a choice thing, my internet is just too slow to run it (I can just run starcraft 2 and even that gets choppy from time to time online); but DIII is right out for a fast action game. DIV is thus even further out.

Esp since I'd only want to play it singleplayer most of the time.
Still at least we've still got DII and dreams that maybe Bliz will remaster it (and keep it offline)

I gave in to temptation and got Divinity: Original Sin 2 on Switch. The Steam cross save function works brilliantly, so now I can continue my game during lunch breaks :giggle:

Currently playing Space Empires V. Made friends with almost every other race so now it's time to research and build some planet destroying devices and reveal my true intentions.:devilish:

Recently played the Shadowbringers expansion for FFXIV and loved it. Best expansion by far, brutal and interesting and with great new characters and most importantly finally filled in some massive answers about the whole game universe. Also best antagonist of pretty much every game I've played, if literally every other person in the game can escape death/come back from the dead but he can't I'll be mad (although the ending was ridiculously epic and brilliant).

Now trying Outer Worlds, the Fallout-esque space colony RPG. I know pretty much nothing about it apart from it's capitalism in space so I've been doing something incredibly rare for me and taking my time :lol:

I'm waiting to move house and then I'll be playing Death Stranding when it arrives. Loved the MGS games from Kojima back in the day so have high hopes for this. Returning to WoW classic is tempting since I lost a lot of interest and drive post-WotLK but if I go down that rabbit hole again it will take over my life haha.

Also looking forward to the FFVII remake next year, simply because that's my all time favourite game and childhood nostalgia. Some of my earliest writing stems from that game.

Well, I am loving Outer Worlds. I've played Fallout 4 and Skyrim and they are fantastic in terms of huge, open worlds but I have said I would gladly cut down on that for more depth, and that's exactly what this game has done. I've only been to three locations so far but I need to explore every nook and cranny because I don't want to miss anything -- and I can't stress it enough that this is completely unlike how I usually play these games.

And it's still stunning in appearance, like opening onto Groundbreaker's promenade was a treat for the eyes, and the sky is always beautiful on planets or when in space. But more importantly places feel busy and bustling and actually lived-in.

I'm still not entirely sure what's going on Main Story wise but despite my lack of knowledge about anything, I'm gonna forcibly liberate everyone haha

The thing is, it mainly is about talking to people (I mean there are quests and fighting) but there's so much to each conversation that it is the most enjoyable bit. I've just spent this evening putting aside all space-based adventuring to help my companion who's having her first crush. And some seriously unexpected representation popping in that I've never seen in any other media. I feel validated! I'm a big supporter of representation but I forgot how much it warms the cockles of your heart, especially when you're in a teeny minority.

Though I think Martin the Moonhead man is my favourite NPC so far. He's got nothing to do with any missions, you just chat some hilarious dialogue with him.

If you like your RPGs with lots of dialogue, storyline choices that actually affect the progression, have a nice slice of dark humour, and look pretty great, then get yourself Outer Worlds.

Interesting. I remember enjoying it back in the day, but didn’t get too far in and stopped playing. (I still have it somewhere)

Well, I am loving Outer Worlds. I've played Fallout 4 and Skyrim and they are fantastic in terms of huge, open worlds but I have said I would gladly cut down on that for more depth, and that's exactly what this game has done. I've only been to three locations so far but I need to explore every nook and cranny because I don't want to miss anything -- and I can't stress it enough that this is completely unlike how I usually play these games.

And it's still stunning in appearance, like opening onto Groundbreaker's promenade was a treat for the eyes, and the sky is always beautiful on planets or when in space. But more importantly places feel busy and bustling and actually lived-in.

I'm still not entirely sure what's going on Main Story wise but despite my lack of knowledge about anything, I'm gonna forcibly liberate everyone haha

The thing is, it mainly is about talking to people (I mean there are quests and fighting) but there's so much to each conversation that it is the most enjoyable bit. I've just spent this evening putting aside all space-based adventuring to help my companion who's having her first crush. And some seriously unexpected representation popping in that I've never seen in any other media. I feel validated! I'm a big supporter of representation but I forgot how much it warms the cockles of your heart, especially when you're in a teeny minority.

Though I think Martin the Moonhead man is my favourite NPC so far. He's got nothing to do with any missions, you just chat some hilarious dialogue with him.

If you like your RPGs with lots of dialogue, storyline choices that actually affect the progression, have a nice slice of dark humour, and look pretty great, then get yourself Outer Worlds.

I'm really enjoying it too....but actually I feel it's a bit too railroaded and pine a bit for it to be much more of an open world. It's pretty easy to complete everything on each map and min/max it. Would like more exploration and really just be a lot messier - quest-wise. Each world feels like one of the DLC from Fallout:NV, but nothing like the main NV game. So I'm not really getting the depth - not really come across any standout quests.

However, not got to the end, things might change, and it will be interesting to see how different it is if you take radically different approach to the missions. And I have not playing on survival setting, which is my preferred difficulty level. Fallout 4 on survival mode was wonderful.

And finally no Bethseda bugs, not had any problems - touch wood - so far. They have done their work on that :)

I think it's probably because the last major RPG like this I played was Fallout 4 and that felt so empty to me, and also much more, you must follow only this path. I got annoyed that in dialogue there was only really one actual choice that would progress the story so I would have to pick it. And on one play through I decided to ignore Diamond City for as long as possible but it felt like because I wasn't following the Main Quest and the path it carves, I picked up no other major quests anywhere else, I was literally just going into places, clearing it out, moving on.

And my biggest gripe was that whenever I did seem to get onto something good, it would turn out the actual event had occurred 200 years ago and all that's left for me is skeletons. People are actually alive in Outer Worlds! :lol:

Everything just feels a bit more engaging, a bit more interesting, but then I realise I am comparing it to a post apocalyptic world heh.

I've heard that the overall game is quite short but I'm already thinking ahead to new play throughs, and new decision choices to make. That's another thing I like, I can be anarcho liberator, Capitalist lackey, or be completely capricious and serve both, or just kill everyone and steal all their stuff :lol: I also like that there's more than one way to do things sometimes -- although I can attest that the stories about why you probably shouldn't go through Cascadia have some truth to them haha

That's fair enough, although that's not my experience of Fallout 4 - I just edged along the main quest, very slowly, but I did find plenty of other quests about. (Actually still to play the DLC, but then after owning Skyrim for 6 years or so, I haven't completed that either.) Yes, the main quest line is dissappointing as the choices you make don't do much. But the 200 year old thing, nah, usually find a lover quite quickly :).

I did love the exploration and piecing together the multitude of stories in the lore, either on the computers or elsewhere and where you found skeletons and artefacts lying about the place. There's a bit of that in the Outer Worlds, but it seems lite compared to NV or even F4.

I have an NES and SNES set up in my living room. I don’t find a lot of time to play either I just keep too busy. However I have a Switch which I like because I can play a little then shut it off and come right back and play where I left off. With that said I plan The NES Mega Mans a lot when I do on the switch even though I have an NES set up. It’s my favorite series and I never get sick of playing them.

However I really do need to get the new Link’s Awakening and give Mega Man a break.

I'm still playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and will be for a loooooong time I expect. Can't believe a friend of mine is on his fourth play through
:lol:

Anyhow, it's annoying that this game was knobbled by being released in an incomplete/bugged-to-hell state and got average/poor reviews as a result, because now it's been patched and balanced to a point where it is as slick as hell and an absolute joy to play, plus the Kingdom management adds another level of complexity and fun that I heven't really encountered in other games of this type. Loving it.

Divinity Original Sin 2 co-op is also continuing.

I saw on Steam that they're getting HALO. I've never played it, but if it's on the PC, I'm downloading it.

Halo originally launched on PC - it even had a pc demo. However they fast jumped into the consoles and vanished from PC for a long while. However the Halo game coming to PC is basically ALL of the current games (I think its 5) in a one game bundle. Basically one big "Oh hey there PC we forgot about you) update.