What Game Are You Currently Playing?

^^ Never finished it but, yeah, brilliant game. Got it on Steam and Switch. Keep meaning to return to it.

Back on Morrowind. There's a lot wrong with this game, especially the lengthy and awkward travelling, and some of the monsters - those damn birds! - but it really is so quirky and so bizarre that it's always entertaining. It's also hard. Playing it without exploiting some of the tricks in the game would make it quite slow and dull. But for all that, the pleasure of seeing new things, exploring new places and just generally enjoying the weird setting is great. If only you could ride a netch!

I bought a game called Grim Legends 3 - The Dark City, which was in a sale. It's one of those "hidden object" games which are apparently popular with older people, although there's a lot to do that doesn't involve finding hidden objects. I was expecting something a bit cheap, but it was a very slick game, with many puzzles that were generally slightly easy but challenging enough to be enjoyable. The story was all right, and the voice work perfectly acceptable.

Of course, it makes no sense that virtually every important building has a puzzle instead of a lock, and the heroine suffers from a condition obliging her to carry around random junk in the hope that it might be useful for something later on. Above all, the artwork was extremely good and it was very pleasant to look at. I might have a go at some more of these.

Not ashamed to admit to really enjoying the Classic World of Warcraft! Playing it on my son's computer, and finding the slowness of the action superior to the latest versions, especially instances. Only playing once a week at the moment, so it will take me ages to progress though the levels.

As an aside, there are some small free DLCs ('bags') in Divinity Original Sin 2 (customisation options and some gameplay fiddling).

I just downloaded Deadspace 1 and 2 from Steam. For some reason, Deadspace 3 isn't available.

Once you’ve played DS1 I’d seriously recommend watching the Dead Space: Downfall anime. It’s really great and has expanded the backstory of the Ishimura in such an interesting and comprehensive way that I wish there was a massive catalogue of DS material.

Also Dead Space: Aftermath is another animated film that is linked with one of the DS2 characters but I prefer Downfall.

I’m a huge fan of the Dead Space franchise and love the way it becomes totally Lovecraftian.

pH

Reactions: Vaz
So I'm about ten hours into Dragon Quest XI S : Echoes of An Elusive Age Definitive Edition on Switch and enjoying it even more than the first time (and a bit) I played it. It feels like this is the way the game was always meant to be.

Dead Space is ****ing amazing. Even the Wii game - extraction - is fantastic.

Anyway I recently fixed my cousin's old PS4 and she let me have it cheap like. Anyway I've picked up Dragon age Inquisition, Abzu, and Far Cry 4 as well as Spider-Man. Absolutely loving Spidey, the story and combat is fantastic. Hope there's a sequel.

V

I just bought Mass Effect 1 and 2 from Steam.

I have heard so much about these games and I really want a good Sci-Fi experience. I haven’t had much experience with RPG games, though as I don’t have too much time on my hands. Still, let’s see.

I did start to play KOTOR and really enjoyed it, but I didn’t even get off the first planet.

I was just talking with someone about the Mass Effect trilogy the other day. I liked them a lot, particularly the second game.

Speaking of sci-fi RPGs, just a couple of days until The Outer Worlds comes out.

Speaking of sci-fi RPGs, just a couple of days until The Outer Worlds comes out.

It's getting good reviews, too. I like that it's a comparatively short game (as in 30-ish hours). I've got more than enough long-ass games to deal with at the moment :LOL:

Speaking of which, alongside replaying DQXI on Switch, I've been dabbling in Pathfinder: Kingmaker. It doesn't do a very good job of explaining its systems, so I'm relying on the internet crutch to clarify some stuff, but I'm having a great time with it. The characters and story are excellent, the lore is wonderfully deep, and the whole thing looks gorgeous. I'd heard so much about its teething problems on release but - so far - I've had no problems with it at all.

We're also gearing up our co-op play-through of Divinity Original Sin 2, which has been sidelined for a while.

Yeah, I've heard 30-40 hours. But it also sounds like it has good replay value.

With more limited time than in the past, I think a longevity of that type is more of a pro than a con in this case.

Hope Pathfinder comes to PS4 (I think it's planned to).

Started playing Mass Effect last night. First impressions are pretty good. I still have 12 days of leave to take before the end of the years, so I might take a couple of days to spend on this.

It's a damned good game. And the sequel's even better.

I never got round to finishing that. I was excellent at starting it multiple times!

I'm like that with most Western RPGs :LOL: I have a love/hate relationship with DOS2. We're actually further into it now than I got on my solo attempts.

I've completed DOS2 once (playing Fane. I was good throughout then accidentally made a significantly different choice near the end which, er, altered things a bit). About halfway through with a Beast playthrough (on hiatus for Outer Worlds) and I had a false start with Lohse.

I do like the characters they've got as the main six. Who're you playing as, or did you go custom?

I'm playing as Ifan (Summoner/Ranger) and Fane (Fighter/Tank), my mate's playing Sebille (Rogue/Necro) and Lohse (Enchanter). I've actually started soloing it with that set up too, from the point we were at in co-op last weekend. Long story, but my mate's not very good at the game, doesn't want to put the time in to understand the skills and systems. Part of the reason we dropped it for a few months was because we were getting bogged down and it was getting frustrating not to make any progress. I'm happy to let him get on with it without interfering but wanted to move the game on for myself as well, so I picked up our latest save and completely re-specced the characters so I could solo. We've carried on with the original set up in our co-op game, apart from me re-speccing Fane into a tank, and giving Ifan some ranger skills.

My other solo games I played as Lohse and The Red Prince.

Giving a lot of thought to getting the game on Switch so I'm not tied to the pc to play it. I've put 140 hours into it so far, one way or another, on Steam. Being able to carry saves from Steam to Switch and vice versa is very tempting.

I've played several pc games available to me when I was a kid in 90s, but then got cut out from it completely during the univ and after, save a rare session with old beloved games in 2000s. Then 15 years later I had the chance -it's always been somewhere at the back of my head- because my life style was changed. But game world had moved so forward, it was intimidating. Then an online American friend gifted Skyrim to me during a rough patch. That was the first Open World RPG I've played. I instantly loved it very much. It was also a very funny noob adventure. As old games I played automatically started from the 'easy' level, I never thought about to check and change the game difficulty whenever I need it, at least to make the first experience better. I finally dropped it at some point going crazy, obsessed with some little draugr boss. Not even a death lord. :LOL: I loved it so much, I kept postponing the main story. I eventually finished it and then came the Witcher 3. In the last five years or so I realised, I loved that specific theme of swinging a sword in some old world -though my examples are very different- and also games like Dawn of Discovery, Banished, Feudal Life; Forest Village, Frostpunk, Dawn of Man... (Still no news form Ancient Cities.:() The last game I bought was Anno 1800. Futuristic, high tech combat themes didn't attract me so far, but Cyberpunk 2077 looks it could change that. Along with the desktop I currently have of course, lol.

I really enjoyed banished more than I thought I would. Frostpunk I have but haven't put time into yet. At the moment I go between a few games: WoW, D3, Rust, Rimworld, 7 days to die, Civ 6 and colony survival.