What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Oh snap! I just finished FC and have started on Trails SC as well, also playing on PC because they never ported it to PS4. It's a dated game, but the story and characters are good. I've heard that SC is very long... But I wanted to get through the trails in sky before starting trails of cold steel -- even though I know they can be played independently from each other. Just wished they had ported the entire series to PS4 rather than just skipping ahead to cold steel...

Yeah, I would've liked similar, or even better if they'd bring them all to Switch so I could play them on the go. I have more chance of getting through long games if I can do that (I do have FC for PSP and SC, Cold Steel I and Cold Steel II for Vita but may end up playing them all on PC or PS4 for the better visuals, QoL additions, and enhanced translation).

But it is what it is. They're brilliant games, and there's no need for grinding, so I don't have a problem with them being long. More of an issue - for me - is the Crossbell arc, Zero and Ao. So many people say they're the best games in the series. I have managed to, um, acquire English translations for both of those, and also imported second-hand PSP versions from Japan so I can at least say I bought the games and can assuage my guilt :ninja:

But yeah, it's going to be a long time before I get to Cold Steel, even though I already bought them . . .

I'm currently playing Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology on the 3DS. I'm only 9ish hours into it, but I'm enjoying it a lot. :)

I hadn't touched my Xbox for ages, but in an attempt to get myself using it for more than a way of my daughter watch YouTube on the TV, I recently picked up Forza Motorsport 6 and I'm having fun with that.

I do need to order some more AA batteries now, though.

I've got Witcher 3 and a couple of other games waiting to be played if I do.

I finished my first run through of Fire Emblem: Three Houses the other day. Fantastic game (just behind Breath of the Wild as my favourite on Switch so far) but a number of things stop it from being my favourite Fire Emblem game (the Persona-style between mission faffing around being the main culprit - previous FE games didn't have or need any of that and were better for it).

Also, I chose the Blue Lions house for my first play through and there was a plot twist right at the end which came completely out of nowhere which, I have to assume, is explained in the story of one of the other Houses. I'm all for games having lots of replayability but, if someone doesn't have the time or inclination to play the game multiple times to see all its content, it renders the ending nonsensical. And, indeed, looking in the movie gallery after completing the Blue Lions story I saw that there were several cut scenes that were still locked. Ho hum.

I was thinking, as I was playing, that I might jump straight back in and play one of the other houses, but I'm leaning more towards playing one or two of the previous games first (probably Path of Radiance and its sequel, Radiant Dawn - proper FE games, those).

I just downloaded Deadspace 1 and 2 from Steam. For some reason, Deadspace 3 isn't available.

I just downloaded Deadspace 1 and 2 from Steam. For some reason, Deadspace 3 isn't available.

I think that's because it likely came out after Valve and MS had their small argument which resulted in MS making Origin and leaving Steam for future distribution of games. So the old games remained, but new ones were only (or mostly) sold on Origin. I forget the reasons why, I think it had something to do with profit margins on DLC and game content etc..... Whatever it was MS went off and made Origin, which honestly is a good service. It works well and isn't obtrusive nor tricky to handle and its got a pretty good library of games on it now.

Thanks Overread. I've never heard of Origin. I'll check it out.

I thought the first Dead Space was brilliant. Never played the others, though.

I played it when it first came out. Terrified me and I kept turning it of after about half hour of game play. Thought i’d try again.

I haven’t been interested much in new games at all. I mean, I’m still playing Half Life 2 regularly.

I was reading some stuff about the New Game+ in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and it sounded pretty good, so I jumped back in after all, on the highest (so far) difficulty. Only got about an hour into it before the Persona-style messing about got on my nerves again and I put it down. Thing with Three Houses is that I think it's a great game, I'm just not sure it's a great Fire Emblem game :unsure:

Anyhoo, I'm continuing with Ocarina of Time 3D. I had a run on it over the long weekend and progressed from having just finished the Forest Temple last week, through the Fire and Water Temples and am now in the Spirit Temple. What a magical game it is.

Also, before starting to replay Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (you know, a truly great Fire Emblem game), I'm delving back into Valkyria Chronicles 4, another fantastic game. The weird thing is, the between mission Anime cut scenes used to annoy me when I played the first game, but now I'm finding them pretty enjoyable and far less egregious than the nonsense in Three Houses.

I've toyed with getting Valkyria Chronicles 4. The intervening games, from the first to that, seem a bit ropey.

4 is excellent. I haven't really looked into 3 as it never came West, but there is a fan translated version out there. 2 is still sitting on my Vita untouched :ninja:

Astral Chain arrived yesterday. I played the first few hours. I'm calling it now: Game of the Year. It is STUNNING :love:

AGEOD's Pride Of Nations. I've always liked the idea of AGEOD games but have always had trouble getting to grips with them so I'm giving this one another try. I'm starting off light with the Russian/Japanese War scenario.

This is probably the best place for it

Endless Legend Classic on Fanatical star deal. So its just under £3 for one of the most beautiful 4* strategy games in a fantasy setting on the PC in a long while. Very much worth the cost and a great title! It won't be up for sale on that price for long (They don't last more than a day or so typically); but grab it if you get a chance!

So finally completed Trails in the Sky SC. Fantastic game. Very long and great conclusion to that story arc.

Downloading Trails in the Sky The 3rd at the moment, but I've heard negative things about the third one, as in it is the worst in the series, but will see how it goes.

So finally completed Trails in the Sky SC. Fantastic game. Very long and great conclusion to that story arc.

I haven't played it for about a month so I'm still in Chapter 4. I'll get back to it after I finish Valkyria Chronicles 4.