What Game Are You Currently Playing?

After finishing FFX I started dabbling in Breath of the Wild again. It's been a few months since I left it hanging, and it took me a couple of sessions to find my feet, but now I've fallen completely in love with it all over again. I haven't progressed the main story much, beyond doing my second Divine Beast. Instead I've been doing side quests, upgrading my armour and runes, running around taking in the gorgeous sights, and experimenting with different ways to take out groups of enemies. And running away from Lynels :LOL:

Also doing lots of shrines to get more hearts. I wandered into the Lost Woods the other day and found the Master Sword, but I don't have enough strength to pull it out of the stone yet. I've still got loads of the map to explore and I don't really have a plan of where to go next, but I like that sense of freedom. Oh yeah, and I want to recover more of Link's memories. The artist guy has pointed me in the general direction of one so I may try and find that next.

I don't play games these days as much as I'd like to but when I do it's most often Overwatch. Yup, I know I'm basic lol. But it's still such a good game!

Just entered the Draklor Laboratory in FFXII. Got to say I do like the soundtrack (the PS4 version is redone with a full orchestra).

What a game....

I finished Ori and the blind forest. Great Metroidvania if anyone into that sort of thing. Gorgeous artwork too.

That's on my "to play" list. Tuhou: Lunar Nights is another good indie Metroidvania, it's got a pretty neat time control gimmick.

I recently discovered a remaster of an old Square game called Romancing Saga 2. It's got an interesting generational theme going on, where you'll play as one hero for a little bit, then after a while you play as their descendants, then as their descendants, and so on. The drawback is that since you only spend a couple of hours or less with each hero, they're all pretty interchangeable. The gameplay is fun though, but Final Fantasy fans should be warned it's nowhere near as easy as that series. It is... Kicking. My. Butt

I've started Survive Mars - an interesting title and very atmospheric in how they've modelled it. I also enjoy that the gameplay has a casual air to it and yet has a good challenge toward building a thriving colony that will survive the test of time and trials that get thrown its way.

I'm flitting about a bit but just started a new Witcher 3 game, now I have the expansions. Ahem.

I was playing in German before (I do that sometimes to try and stop myself forgetting every single word) so the advice on how to start the expansions might've gone over my head as it popped up before I could change the language back :p

Are you going straight to the expansions (which are both superb, btw - Blood and Wine is pretty much a whole new game, took me 40 hours just to play that) or starting from scratch?

I finished Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, or the main story at least. Not really interested in the 'Possible History' that was added in the re-release, which is why I didn't choose the option to integrate it into the main game. I was a little bit annoyed that it didn't show the ending credits before dropping me straight into the additional stuff but hey ho. Now I can concentrate my 3DS time on Monster Hunter Stories.

Other than that, it's all Breath of the Wild until Fire Emblem: Three Houses releases (three weeks from today!). Re BotW, I confess that - back to when the first Star Wars came out - I've been a collector of action figures. Amiibo have always fascinated me but I've restrained myself from buying them because it would quickly get out of hand, lol. But the other day I found out there are things called Amiibo Cards which have the same functionality as the figures. So I got the Legend of Zelda set. Each figure would've cost £10.99 and upwards (depending on availablity - prices for some of them are stupid at the moment but Nintendo are re-stocking them all later this year) but the 22 card set cost me £9.99 total.

Now I just have to see if they work :LOL:

Started from scratch. I do really like The Witcher 3, I just wish my PS4 didn't scream so much.

That's on my "to play" list. Tuhou: Lunar Nights is another good indie Metroidvania, it's got a pretty neat time control gimmick.

I recently discovered a remaster of an old Square game called Romancing Saga 2. It's got an interesting generational theme going on, where you'll play as one hero for a little bit, then after a while you play as their descendants, then as their descendants, and so on. The drawback is that since you only spend a couple of hours or less with each hero, they're all pretty interchangeable. The gameplay is fun though, but Final Fantasy fans should be warned it's nowhere near as easy as that series. It is... Kicking. My. Butt

That sounds cool, actually sounds like a point in my book where it switches from the hero Darius and his great grandftaher Darnell as the story unfolds. Ill defo check it out.

Speaking of remasters, Baldur's Gate, and the sequel, and Neverwinter Nights will be released for consoles towards the end of this year.

Currently playing the following:
Star Ocean: Anamnesis on my Android
Dragon Quest Builders (replaying, actually)

What I want to be playing:
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

I've been jumping between 3 games recently:

*Deus Ex (2000)
*The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
*Mount & Blade: Warband

Morrowind is a classic. It's a little dated now but generally holds up very well. I gave it a brief go a few nights back.

I bought something called Strange Brigade recently. It's extremely similar to a game called Zombie Army (or maybe Nazi Zombies), by the same company, but I think it's better and more amusing. It's done in the style of a Ryder Haggard/Indiana Jones pulp adventure, and has a narrator who sounds exactly how I imagine Space Captain Smith to sound. Good fun.

I've never played Morrowind, but everyone who has seems to like it.

Meanwhile Bethesda's gone from being laughed at for horse armour in Oblivion to Fallout 76. *sighs*

Looking forward to The Outer Worlds in October. Recently learnt about the forthcoming Age of Wonders: Planetfall (more of a fantasy than sci-fi guy but it's relatively uncommon to get strategy releases on console, and what I've seen looks pretty good).

I think I must be devolving. Recently started playing X-Com Terror From The Deep.

I occasionally go back to my PS2. Some good games for that. Hope the backwards compatibility rumours for the PS5 are true.

Mostly teamfight tactics, overwatch, and hearthstone. Love the lore, but moreso love strategy games recently. But tbh I just get into games cause my friends tell me to and I get addicted

Have been playing Kenshi recently, a struggle at first but I have started an outpost and am building walls etc so hopefully the roaming bandits won’t be too much of a problem in the future.

I think I must be devolving. Recently started playing X-Com Terror From The Deep.

One of my faves. I think I slightly preferred the first game, mainly because it was a bit quicker to finish a campaign, but TftD was incredibly atmospheric.

I'm currently playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses on Switch and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter on pc, with brief bouts of Ocarina of Time on 3DS during my lunch breaks.

Terror from the deep was alright. It's from an era when X-Com were still good games. I remember putting many hours into it.

I'm currently playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses on Switch and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter on pc, with brief bouts of Ocarina of Time on 3DS during my lunch breaks.

Oh snap! I just finished FC and have started on Trails SC as well, also playing on PC because they never ported it to PS4. It's a dated game, but the story and characters are good. I've heard that SC is very long... But I wanted to get through the trails in sky before starting trails of cold steel -- even though I know they can be played independently from each other. Just wished they had ported the entire series to PS4 rather than just skipping ahead to cold steel...

Last edited: