What Game Are You Currently Playing?

I like the Tales games - I'm currently playing through Zestria, but compared to others I've really enjoyed I'm not digging it all that much. I think it'll be the first Tales of game I don't replay at some point.

I find it strange how Zesteria is disliked by most tales fans. I really liked the story and its characters - - far more than Vesperia

The game engine used by the tales games is really dated. It's about time they reimagined the game.

It is turning to the same way final fantasy went, which wasn't widely accepted. "this isn't the Tales game we know."

Although, considering that tales were always trying to be semi-realtime combat, there is no real reason not to take the game engine in this direction.

I will definitely be playing it when it comes out.

I've tried Vesperia, Symphonia, Eternia and Berseria and not been grabbed by any of them but I'll inevitably give this one a go at some point :LOL:

Nearly done with FFX. I'm inside Sin at the moment. After that I need to concentrate on finishing Radiant Historia and then get back to Trails in the Sky SC, as I've been neglecting that one. And continue with Monster Hunter Stories, of course, which is fab.

I also got Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth last week. I'm glad I pre-ordered it as it already shows as unavailable on Amazon. I've only dipped my toe in it so far but, much like the first game, the blend of Etrian Odyssey dungeon crawling/mapping and Persona's characters and combat is fantastic. Plus this time it has all the mesmerising style and presentation of Persona 5, and the awesome soundtrack to go with it. If it is the 3DS's swan song then it's a hell of a way for the system to bow out.

FFVIII was a big favourite of mine. Triple Triad was great fun.

The FFXII remake is really rather good, but with VIII being a generation earlier I'm wondering how well it'll age.

Probably about the same as the recent VII and IX remasters have. Which is fine.

IX was remastered?

IX was remastered?

Yeah it was, but i found even the remaster looked very dated. I've only ever seen the digital version for sale on the playstation store.

I was excited to hear about the Grandia remasters coming but they too are probably going to be underwhelming based on what I've seen so far. Grandia 2 is a favourite of mine. But they should look fantastic on Switch, which is the intended platform for the remaster.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Grandia remasters. I have the first game on my Vita and the second on Steam, but I'll get the Switch version.

I haven't bought FFIX for Switch yet. Probably will at some point but kind of have my hands full at the moment :LOL:

Ah, I have no Switch, and tend not to buy electronic-only, so that explains it.

Thanks to both of you.

As an aside, I'm not buying Watchdogs Legion, but did enjoy the combat granny moment during the E3 presentation.

And then Ninty drop this bomb:

I mean, we knew it was happening, but I wasn't expecting them to show anything this E3. Looks very dark - Majora's Mask to BotW's Ocarina?

Last edited:
I like most of Zestria just fine, but I find the equipment fusing aspect to be a chore, and unless I've missed something it's never really explained how you go about getting the skills you want. I'm just not a fan of poorly explained complicated game mechanics.

It's good to see Final Fantasy 8 finally getting some love. Does anyone know if it's just going to be a graphical polish or are they going to rebalance it like they did FF12? I remember stumbling across a few junction combos that really trivialized the game.

So. It's actually happening.

Play Witcher 3 on the go? Yes please!

I'm actually impressed switch can handle Witcher 3, which begs me to wonder why other big titles dont come to the platform? I guess percieved target demographic.

Lotte, I'm still miffed the Switch gets a Civ game and consoles don't.

DQ XI is a pretty cool game. It still seems odd we had to wait so long (last release beforehand was DQ VIII).

I'm still miffed the Switch gets a Civ game and consoles don't.

But the Switch is a console :giggle:

I'll no doubt get W3 again when it comes out on Switch. Amazon are already listing it, at £59.99 :oops: I don't actually own a physical copy of it so I hope they do some kind of special edition - I'm not holding my breath, though.

There was some great stuff in that Direct. September looks like being a particularly busy month in terms of new releases.

Re DQ, I've got DQIX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies on DS. Not that I've played it but I do own it. DQX never made it to the west but wouldn't have interested me anyway, being an MMO.

I'm seeing a lot of anger on Steam about Switch getting the definitive edition of DQXI.