What Game Are You Currently Playing?

I played a bit of God of War on a friend's PS4 (which might have been a helicopter for the noise it was making). It wasn't quite my cup of tea, but it was very impressive.

I was considering starting a 'What are you not playing' thread due to the fiasco I've been having with Star Wars: Battlefront II on PS4pro.

Instead I thought I'd be a little more (uncharacteristically) upbeat and tell you that it's given me chance to really mainline SSX on PS3 and Burnout Revenge on PS2. I still use my PS3 a lot -especially for party games like karting and golf when I have friends over - so replaying SSX isn't so much of a generation leap. The PS2 (Burnout) has remarkably good visuals and stands up better than any PSN minigame (esp the PSN PS4 karting titles which are hopeless) and I'm thoroughly enjoying swearing at the TV. I loved the Burnout franchise and was excited to play the PS3 Burnout Paradise, but it was a horrible 'reinvention' and I lost interest.

RE Star Wars BF2... I burnt through the 2015 version, paying for the season pass, too, so my outlay was about £79-£89. I adored it. It was simple but it did what it said on the tin and was pure SW adrenline. People complained about paying for DLC (oh, the fools, now) and so when BF2017 came out, it came with MTX and all sorts of backlash happened. What we have now is an almost uplayable game with dreadful lag, awful support, and a hero/villain roster that has Bossk, Finn, Phasma, Iden Versio, but no Obi Wan or Anakin (!!!!) DICE handled the main share of the game (that being infantry combat) and Criterion the Star Fighter Assault which is the only faultless part of the game. However there are no plans to increase the SFA maps content and as a pilot main-er I've given up on the game.

I don't think EA will ever see this license again. And if Disney let them, then they're bloody idiots.

pH

Lately Ultra Street Fighter 4, Megaman 9 and 10 and been procrastinating playing MegaManX2 is it's my favorite in the series. although X6 might top it if I ever beat it for being stupid hard.

L.A. Noire, Street Figther III 3rd Strike, Final Fantasy XIII, it's just as lame as the reviewers said, I gave it a shot.

Need to spend more then a half hour in Metal Gear Solid V

Halo 4.

Dicked around with Castlevania III the other day.

I'm hoping that Disney will revisit the Star Wars X-Wing series "Space Combat Simulator" Genre again.

I'd love another addition to the Jedi Knight series as well.

I'm playing Dying Light and Uncharted 3 at the moment. I'm stuck on a bit in Uncharted 3 that's doing my but in. I think I might have to look it up online.

Dying Light is superb. However my PS4's BD drive is dying so I'm not sure if It can last.

Downloaded Metro 2033 from Steam.

I read and enjoyed the novelisation. Still, it could be a little too scary for me. It’ll be a while before I can play it, though.

I finally finished the main storyline in God of War.

Loved the hell out of that game. I have done most of the side quests, just got the Valkyries and the two challenge realms to complete. (and a bunch of birds)

Teal'c was great as Kratos. BOI...

Not played Dad of War, but I dislike VA changes. That said, when I learnt it was Teal'c/Christopher Judge, it became acceptable.

I've been splitting my time between Beyond Two Souls (free on PS+ this month) and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (£6 on PS+ at the moment). I'm enjoying both to one degree or another but I never quite understand why the AC games are so popular (this is the third one I've played), mostly because I find the character constantly gets stuck on scenery, or doesn't do what I was expecting him to do based on the buttons I'm pressing, and the modern day story parts bore me - I'd rather they just made an out-and-out historical game. But Black Flag holds more interest for me due to the adventure on the high seas aspect. Plus pirates, of course.

I've played one AC game (2). I sure your confusion at the popularity.

Played AC IV for a couple more hours last night and started to get into it a bit. The main character is entertaining, at least, and saving a load of pirates from the Spanish and stealing one of their ships was fun, clunky controls aside.

I wonder if it'll stick, though. Nier Automata is supposed to be delivered today . . .

Finished my first play through of Detroit Become Human last night. I thought it was an utterly brilliant experience. I didn't imagine for one moment that what is effectively a 'choose your own adventure' story would be so tense in places and so thrilling in others. It had my jaw on the floor a couple of times. Totally unexpected. Can't wait to play it again and do it all differently. It's all Ninjastarfury's fault ;)

Currently having another crack at Conan Exiles

One of my mates has been playing that in a party on PS4 and over the weekend something happened on their server which lost all their progress, so they've had to start all over again.

I downloaded the two Metro 2033 games, but I didn’t fancy it. I’ve gone back to play the first few levels of HL2. Next, I might download Left for Dead which is also by Valve.

Civilization V Brave New World. For some reason, I simply love refusing the English trade agreements more than ever. ;)

TotalBiscuit/The Cynical Brit has passed away.

This news saddened me to a level I didn't know possible. He was a voice. One of a kind...

OT: Detroit Become Human, PUBG and Civ VI. Hurray for variety!

Also: first post. Hi.

This news saddened me to a level I didn't know possible. He was a voice. One of a kind...

OT: Detroit Become Human, PUBG and Civ VI. Hurray for variety!

Also: first post. Hi.

Hello and welcome :)

Agreed about TotalBiscuit.

I've mostly been playing Assassin's Creed Origins, which I got on the cheap a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think I mentioned somewhere up-thread that I've never been particularly interested in the AC games but I was tempted in, first by Black Flag (because pirates!) and now by Origins because I've read so many people say it's like a cross between AC and Witcher 3. I'm about 25 hours into it and it's been fun to play: the combat's okay, it looks great, the sense of time and place is fantastic but it feels very repetitive to me. The quests usually involve sneaking into an enemy base to either rescue someone, kill someone, or steal something, with only occasional deviation to investigate a crime scene (who said 'Witcher senses'? Not me, nope), and if you're not doing that you're killing wildlife or merchants for resources to upgrade damage, health etc. Oh, you can take part in chariot races and become Ben-Hur, if you want. That's quite good fun.

Has anyone else here played it through? Does it change things up at all? Cos at the moment I'm tempted to go back to Black Flag (because PIRATES!) :)