What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Earlier this week I finally played the Left Behind DLC for The Last of Us. It slots so neatly into the main storyline. Beautifully done.

And I finally got around to properly playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy over the last couple of days. So many 'wow' moments in that game - totally spectacular, with a truly breathtaking finale. It's made me want to go back and replay all the others.

In the last 12 months I've played a couple of games that shot right to the top of my all-time favourites list (The Witcher 3 and The Last of Us) but, for games actually released in 2017, The Lost Legacy may just edge out Horizon Zero Dawn and Divinity Original Sin 2 as my favourite game released this year. Naughty Dog can do no wrong in my eyes.

What are everyone else's favourite releases of 2017?

And I finally got around to properly playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy over the last couple of days. So many 'wow' moments in that game - totally spectacular, with a truly breathtaking finale. It's made me want to go back and replay all the others.

Since posting that I have replayed Uncharted 1 and 2 and then played 3 for the first time. Loved all of them. I'll get on to replaying 4 and Lost Legacy soon, but I decided to dig out my Xbox 360 for now to replay Red Dead Redemption before its sequel arrives, which I started last night.

PS4 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

800.jpg

Man-alive, it's exciting. An awesome sci-fi adventure. Plus it's the first PS4 game I've played.

I saw on Youtube, that you can customize your character in hundreds of different variations of outfits and weapons. However, I think this can only be done ONLINE. And, you have to EARN "drop boxes" (that contain 3 items each - weapons and gear) by playing ONLINE.

1. It's costs money to go ONLINE, doesn't it?

2. Customize character, only ONLINE?

3. Drop Boxes, only ONLINE?

maxresdefault.jpg

I've been peer pressured into buying Monster Hunter World that's released today. I know nothing about this franchise and I've heard it described as Dark Souls mixed with Jurassic World, so I'm a little bit scared. It'll be fun playing in our MMO trio again, though.

1. It's costs money to go ONLINE, doesn't it?

You have to get a PS Plus subscription if you want to do multiplayer, yeah. The loot box issue has attracted a lot of controversy in recent months.

I'm just over halfway through Red Dead Redemption. I'm now past the point I got up to when I played it when it first came out. Loving it much more than I did then. I think my tolerance for open world games has increased since playing Witcher 3.

You have to get a PS Plus subscription if you want to do multiplayer, yeah. The loot box issue has attracted a lot of controversy in recent months.

Thanks, Bugg. I'll look into PS Plus Sub. This game is so much fun, it just might be worth paying for a subscription. Temptation is great, to have a customized character look cool with awesome weapons.

SB, I can’t recommend Ps+ enough! It’s cheap and great vfm bearing in mind the free games you get each month.

pH

Second that. I've got quite a few free games from it (the latest being Deus Ex Mankind Divided).

Just about finished with Red Dead Redemption. I've got four or five missions left to do. Great game, although - much like the first time I played it - I'm finding it's overstaying its welcome a bit and the repetitive 'ride here, shoot stuff, ride there, shoot stuff' gets a bit tiresome in the end. You go on a mission and just wait for the red dots to show up on the mini map.

Being the contrary sod that I am, though, I've already decided to play GTA V next, so it'll be 'drive here, shoot stuff, drive there, shoot stuff' instead :rolleyes: :D That's not fair really, as there's a lot more variety in GTA V. I've played about 10 hours of it previously but decided to restart it last night whilst I was listening to the footie.

I’ve heard so many good things about Red Dead Redemption but the play I saw on The First Hour looked as you’ve said. i was always going to pick it up but never got enthused enough to. Now I have a TBR pile on PS4 I doubt I’ll get round to it.

Is anyone here playing Battlefront II? Glorious visuals but the most broken game I’ve ever played. It’s worth it however, just for Starfighter Assault.

Playing Burnout Revenge on Ps2 and Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed on PS3, too.

pH

RDR does start out a bit slow, yeah. But then it gets really, really good and the atmosphere it creates is pretty much perfect. It's just that the final chapter pads it out a bit too much, IMO - but I do remember the ending being one of the best, so I'm looking forward to that again.

RDR is an enigma to me. It has all the right ingredients, and I enjoyed playing it, but it never really grabbed me and I never finished it.

I just finished it for the second time. For me, it just slows down too much towards the end, even though the payoff at the finale is really good. The pacing is all wrong. Maybe that's cos I'm coming to it off the back of the Uncharted games, especially Lost Legacy which has possibly the most exciting ending to any game I've played.

Anyhoo, on to GTA V now.

Just recently finished playing through both seasons of Telltale's Batman series. As far as I can, anyway, since the last episode of Season Two has yet to be released.

I've enjoyed these more than any game in a while. The twists Telltale put on the existing Batman mythos were great, and often surprising. A lot of other Batman adaptations borrow whole comic plot lines, but these games have managed to avoid that by and large. Your choices probably have the most impact of any Telltale title I've ever played; they actually feel like they have some serious weight. Building up the characters was extremely well done. I'm not sure ever I've been as attached to game characters since The Last of Us.

Now I'm on to wrapping up an unfinished playthrough of The Witcher 3 so I can make some room on my PS4.

I finished GTA V's story mode last week. I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Partly it was down to being able to jump between three playable characters at any point (so if one character's missions got boring, switch to another and do something different), plus the heists were great fun and it has the most solid, consistent and gorgeous open world.

Continuing my trawl through older games that I've played a bit but never finished, I've now returned to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which Steam tells me I played for four hours back in 2012 :D Despite its generic setting and storyline it's hitting the spot at the moment, mainly due to its fantastic combat and lovely Warcraft-meets-Fable vibe. Hopefully I'll stick with it this time.

Oh, and a friend and I are also playing Borderlands 2 in co-op. We tried it a few years ago and it gave me awful motion sickness but I seem to have found a sweet spot (involving field of view settings, distance sat from screen, and using a controller instead of mouse and keyboard) which means I can play it.

Shadow of Mordor

Awesome open world game set in... Err, Mordor. Third person action game where you play as a ranger named Talion, who seeks revenge against The Black Hand of Sauron and the Uruk Warchiefs when his family is slain.

Violence has never looked so good. Bethesda should take note and implement a similar combat system in the next Elder Scrolls game.

v

Getting quite far (I think) into Kingdom Come Deliverance. I now have armour swanky enough that strangers call me 'sir knight'.