What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Getting stuck into Horizon Zero Dawn.

I played an hour or so last night. Just got some Fire Arrows and wandering around the valley area. I'll get some more time in tonight once I get out of work.

I've got Horizon Zero Dawn, but I'm ill and I don't wanna play it for the first time when I've got the sniffles.

I think I've almost finished Resident Evil 7. It's a bit to scary, even for me.

Last week I finished playing Nioh. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, but it was decent enough and I wasn't disappointed.

Burned out on Destiny, I haven't played in a while. But I'm waiting impatiently for Mass Effect: Andromeda. So excited! I just hope I dont get sucked into it and lose focus from the story I'm working on.
Have you seen the Peebee Loyalty Mission gameplay for Andromeda? If not, I'd give it a look. A lot of people have begun to doubt it's even worth their time now after watching that. On IGN's video you'll see more than enough comments about it. Main criticism seems to be the dialogue, and after watching the whole video, I can certainly see where people's issue is. But in a way, I can see how some people might like it.

Am in an abusive relationship with Dark Souls 3 atm. I keep going back to it even though it keeps hurting me.

(I know it loves me really).

Inari, Dark Souls 3 doesn't love you. It's just hurting you because it can.

I'm now just over 30 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn. It's astonishingly good, IMO. It's so much fun, even doing things which normally bore me to tears, like hunting for resources, are enjoyable. In fact, I've yet to find anything about it that I dislike or find even a little irritating. Fighting a Thunderjaw may be the single most awesome thing I've done in a game, ever. Plus Aloy is a fantastic character with an involving story, who's smart, agile and deadly. Sony seemed to be trying to force her on players as a new gaming icon in the lead-up to release, but I reckon they might actually turn out to be right.

I really didn't expect it to rival Witcher 3 in my affections but it is doing just that and more (much as I love it, there's plenty in Witcher 3 I find irritating!). I only got my PS4 at Christmas and so far I've played this, Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us. Well happy!

Not played Horizon or Uncharted 4, but The Last of Us and Witcher 3 are fantastic.

What sort of RPG elements are there?

I'm now just over 30 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn. It's astonishingly good, IMO. It's so much fun, even doing things which normally bore me to tears, like hunting for resources, are enjoyable. In fact, I've yet to find anything about it that I dislike or find even a little irritating. Fighting a Thunderjaw may be the single most awesome thing I've done in a game, ever. Plus Aloy is a fantastic character with an involving story, who's smart, agile and deadly. Sony seemed to be trying to force her on players as a new gaming icon in the lead-up to release, but I reckon they might actually turn out to be right.

I really didn't expect it to rival Witcher 3 in my affections but it is doing just that and more (much as I love it, there's plenty in Witcher 3 I find irritating!). I only got my PS4 at Christmas and so far I've played this, Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us. Well happy!

That's a pretty glowing review. I might have to check Horizon out.

I'm level 22 and just over 29 hours in.

I'm loving it for the most part as I'm taking my time doing side quests etc. I've only just passed Daytower so havn't met a Thunderjaw yet. There are a couple of niggles with the AI. It's easy to cheese the combat with the whistle and the silent strike, they come across to you one at a time and generally ignore the large pile of their predecessors as you stab them. I'm activly tring not to do that.

Loving the world and the story. Right now i'm in the middle of Cauldren Rho.

There are a couple of niggles with the AI. It's easy to cheese the combat with the whistle and the silent strike, they come across to you one at a time and generally ignore the large pile of their predecessors as you stab them.

That's by design rather than a problem with the AI. When you first use Lure it tells you that it will only attract the enemy nearest to the centre of your aim. I've frequently seen machines come to investigate the ones I've just killed, though. The AI for the machines is excellent, IMO - the way they work together to root you out once they know you're around is brilliant.

What sort of RPG elements are there?

It's a tried and tested one skill point per level (plus others for certain quests) and three skill trees to invest in: Prowler (for the stealthy stuff), Brave (for the all-out combat stuff) and Forager (for more passive skills). Base level skills take 1 point to get, next level is two, then three etc. You also get loot called Coils (for improving weapon damage) and Weaves (for improving armour). Lower level weapons only deal one or two types of damage, higher ones deal three. You can equip four weapons at a time, so you can get some awesome combinations going.

Highly recommend going down the Brave skill tree. Being able to use Knock Down on an enemy and then hit it with Critical Strike is great fun, and being able to fire two or three arrows at a time is vital for the larger enemies. But then Tinker is also invaluable for swapping Coils and Weaves around (without it they get destroyed if you change them), and that's at the bottom of the Forager tree. Once you have Tinker you can adapt your weapons and armour on the fly to deal with whatever enemy weaknesses are in front of you.

Sounds interesting. Got to say the publicity didn't grab me. When the price tumbles I might give it a look.

Got to say the publicity didn't grab me.

Got to admit the publicity didn't grab me, either. But the great thing was that they allowed the reviews to go out almost two weeks before the game was released (a rarity these days). It was after watching a few of those that my interest picked up.

I watched the Giant Bomb live show of Mass Effect and :( they were not being that enthusiastic about it.

That does sound horrendous. A shame, I rather liked the Mass Effect trilogy. FemShep is splendid.