What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Well I'm going to disappoint you younger game-masters because I was contemplating upgrading my PS2 to a 4, given all the superior games out there.

That said, I haven't really played with PS2 in anger for a good 5 or 6 years, probably due to work and social commitments. So quite recently I was considering a PS4, but I realised I probably wouldn't get that much time to play with that either. Instead I dusted down my "2" and 30 odd games collected over the last 15 years, and knuckled down to some Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (originally released in 2001!)

Still a terrific racing game, with plenty things to do and achieve. So am going to focus on my existing PS2 library of games before thinking of leveling up to a PS4 or 5 (coming soon apparently).

I sometimes go back and play PS2 or even original Playstation. Might have the Mega Drive somewhere, but that would mean searching the spider-infested hell of The Loft.

I still have my N64 in the cupboard that I crack out so that I can play Zelda until I die. In fact they'll probably find my dead body with that odd three pronged controller clutched in my hands, the final credits of Ocarina of Time playing for the 7,000th time.

Reactions: Vaz
I sometimes go back and play PS2 or even original Playstation. Might have the Mega Drive somewhere, but that would mean searching the spider-infested hell of The Loft.

I too have a Megadrive buried in my loftspace. Along with a Spectrum, a Commodore Vic-20, a ZX-81 and I think an Atari 2600!

Haven't played with any for years; and probably won't work now given all the dust and moisture up there.

Instead I dusted down my "2" and 30 odd games collected over the last 15 years, and knuckled down to some Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (originally released in 2001!)

I loved that game - I played it more than any other game on my PS2 and still rate it as my favourite racing game.

I may have started Uncharted 4: A Thief's End over the weekend. This is the one I really wanted a PS4, er, for and it has not disappointed so far. I wasn't intending to start it until I finished The Witcher 3, but what the hell - I can play both :D

I loved that game - I played it more than any other game on my PS2 and still rate it as my favourite racing game.

It is an incredibly addictive game, especially with the background music giving you that extra bit of a pump as you drift into this tight hairpins and edge yourself into first place and take the flag on the straight. Perfect!

I do have GT4 for the PS2, but haven't got round to that yet.

Got back into Fallout 4 over Christmas and the DLCs on the PS4 - except NukaWorld isn't working properly :(

I finished Uncharted 4 last night. Wowzer, what a game! Loved the story, loved the characters and acting, loved the exploration and action, loved the ending, beautiful to look at. Could've done with a few more puzzles but basically I just loved it :inlove:

Next up on PS4: The Last of Us Remastered. I never finished it on PS3 cos it made the console's fans rev up so much I couldn't hear what was going on! :mad::lol:

Might finish the main story of Witcher 3 first, though.

I have just picked up Conan Exiles from Steam. It is an early access game so it should be interesting to see how it develops.

I just finished replaying Bioshock on the PS4. Love that game.

Currently playing Kathy Rain an indie point & click adventure

Finally made a start on The Last of Us Remastered, and got past the place I'd last got up to on the PS3 version (which wasn't very far!). Great game, very intense, but I'm finding it mightily frustrating at times (mainly due to my ongoing inability to aim with a controller :mad: :D).

Persevere. You may also enjoy fiddling with the camera mode. I got a few nice shots (let me know if you want the link. Didn't post it now because there are story spoilers included).

I am playing The Witness (2016 video game) - Wikipedia on my PC. It is a massive game, and I have been enjoying it for over 50 hours, playing when the time allows. This is a puzzle and exploration game, with a somewhat ominous backstory that I am teasing out of the clues in the environment. It is unique in the games that I have played in that the developer has set the challenges to help you learn the rules as you access the parts of the island. Many puzzles are set in banks of 'tutorials' (as I call them), increasing in difficulty until you master the concept. For those of you that like these types of games, this one is a good bang for your buck. There are over 600 puzzles, and my game save tells me I'm not even at 400 yet.

Finally made a start on The Last of Us Remastered, and got past the place I'd last got up to on the PS3 version (which wasn't very far!). Great game, very intense, but I'm finding it mightily frustrating at times (mainly due to my ongoing inability to aim with a controller :mad: :D).

Persevere.

Oh I am, I am. The story and characters are so good it just sucks you in, right from the beginning. There are a lot of films/tv series that would kill for that opening fifteen minutes. Seriously, if the acting and dialogue in The Walking Dead were half as good I'd still be watching it :lol: :ninja:

Anyway, I upgraded some of Joel's abilities, particularly the weapon sway, and that's helped me no end. Haven't died for a while now (according to the stats I've been killed 28 times :whistle: ). Just escaped from the hotel in Pittsburgh. Nice place, shame about the basement :eek::D

The upgrading works nicely, and I like how crafting works in real-time (no pausing).

What's your weapon of choice? I always liked the bow or the shotgun (if things went bad).

Oh definitely the shotgun for when the proverbial hits the fan. But generally I'm using stealth kills, or molotov cocktails/nail bombs for groups. I haven't really used the bow much, although that may change now I've reduced the weapon sway. I actually used the hunting rifle for the first time in ages last night, in the street when you leave the hotel, and got two kills with two shots, so I'm not wasting so much ammo now, either.