What Game Are You Currently Playing?

thaddeus6th

Supporter
Oblivion is something I liked a lot... except for the levelling system. That was bloody atrocious. Any system whereby gaining levels can make you relatively weaker is terrible.

Just abandoned a Stellaris Admiral game because it was getting too easy (to be fair I had a really nice start, with good neighbours). Started a new one, Grand Admiral, with a new science-based empire. Encountered my first neighbours, and our interaction to date is them attempting to destroy my science ship, which does not bode well... I'm using the Aquatic Paradise or whatever it's called new origin in the Aquatics pack, but got lucky with two nearby systems (one a relic world). The origin removes the guaranteed nearby habitable planets so that's very handy.

Raincloud Man

Looking on the bright side of life.
I'm mostly very casually playing Guild Wars 2, trying to unlock the skyscale. They put one of the necessary achievements behind killing your doppelganger though, and I have no luck at all with that fight.

Toby Frost

Supporter
I finished Bioshock, the game equivalent of eating a huge amount of chocolate cake. It's great but slightly overlong, and the final third is rather flat after the big twist. How many times can the splicers pretend to be dead and then attack? Still, the design is excellent and exploring the setting is grimly entertaining. The mix of Ayn Rand meets The Shining makes it weirdly unique. It's dated somewhat, but it's still a classic.

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
Remakes of older games seem tip-off be in vogue at the moment, Toby. Would you like to see this one remade?

Toby Frost

Supporter
I'd have no problem with a remake of Bioshock (there's already a remastered version out there) but I wouldn't play it as my laptop probably couldn't run it! In general, I'd like to see more "spiritual successor" games than outright remakes: Bioshock itself owes a lot to System Shock, and the Dishonoured games owe a great deal to Thief 1 and 2, although they're sufficiently detailed to feel more than a graphical upgrade. I grew up with ropey circa-2000 graphics, so just enhancing the visuals won't win me over, although other people may well disagree.

Vladd67

Stake Holder
I'd have no problem with a remake of Bioshock (there's already a remastered version out there) but I wouldn't play it as my laptop probably couldn't run it! In general, I'd like to see more "spiritual successor" games than outright remakes: Bioshock itself owes a lot to System Shock, and the Dishonoured games owe a great deal to Thief 1 and 2, although they're sufficiently detailed to feel more than a graphical upgrade. I grew up with ropey circa-2000 graphics, so just enhancing the visuals won't win me over, although other people may well disagree.
Some of us remember monster maze on the ZX81 so graphics have come a long way for me.

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
After reading some of the comments here, I've just bought Oblivion in the GOG weekly sale. Hopefully, after my obsession/addiction to Rule The Waves 2 and Shadow Empire subsides, I'll a spend some time with this RPG.