What Game Are You Currently Playing?

thaddeus6th

Supporter
Ah, not my type of game but I have heard some mockery of games journalists who disliked it because they found it too hard (a bit like Cuphead).

Satisfying type of difficult, though, right?

Bugg

A Lerxst in Wonderland
Oh definitely, yeah. It's not the game's fault I'm rubbish :LOL:

thaddeus6th

Supporter
Still playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

The gameplay mechanics remain innovative and very well put together even 16 years after initial release. The ring makes each battle something more engaging, and performing well (all perfect results, no/few enemy turns, no damage) gift extra rewards after a battle so there's an incentive to try even when battles are easy. Almost all characters can equip demonic crests for transferable magic skills, but if you place them in correct sections of Solomon's Key then additional powers are unlocked, so old crests don't just become useless as the game progresses. And if multiple crests on the same character confer the same skill, the MP cost of casting gets halved.

Pretty nifty stuff, by and large.

Toby Frost

I'm still on Fallout 4, and probably will be until I'm 60 or so. Yesterday's highlight was hiding from super mutants, as a woman in a blue vault suit: "Here, human human human... come out and die, stupid blue lady!"

Deke

Anyone play Horizon Zero Dawn? I loved the story and how they fed it to you piecemeal. I thought it would make a great movie, probably a better movie than a game but the game was still good if a bit repetitive.

But the story kept you wanting to push on, not the story in the games timeline for me but what happened before, though I did become emotionally invested in Aloy towards the end.

Toby Frost

Yes, I had it. I enjoyed it, but I never felt that I really got the hang of fighting the robots. I reached a point near the end where I seemed to need a better bow, and getting hold of it was very difficult, so I got no further.

Deke

There is a “story” difficulty. It drops the difficulty to a level you can just enjoy the game for the story telling.