What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Right now, the only game I'm playing is Knights & Brides on Facebook :LOL:. I don't play a ton of computer/video games, but used to play the Myst series of games by Cyan. Would love to try their new games!

Introduced the boyfriend to Outer Worlds on my PS4 and watching him play has put me back in the mood to play it myself, as it's been long enough now that it feels interesting again. I've done the anarchist liberator, I got a fair ways through the corporate shill, this time I think I'm going for a mix -- basically a ruthless, no-nonsense character who is just clearing up the colony in whichever way seems right at the time. Also being a lone wolf, no companions.

The Groundbreaker still looks amazing, and very much enjoyed chatting to Moonhead Martin again.

I got a bit tired of The Outer Worlds a while ago, but I gave it another go last week and enjoyed it a lot. It's good fun.

I've also gone back to a game called Rogue Galaxy, which is a space-trading game like a simpler Elite with a Firefly-type feel. It lacks depth, but it's pleasant, and there's something weirdly satisfying about upgrading my spaceship. I just wish that I could paint the ship a different colour.

Yeah I don’t think there’s quite enough to it that it’s something you can go back to again and again (or just to aimlessly stroll in the wilderness like in Skyrim etc) but given enough time between playthroughs it can draw you back in, and there’s no doubt lots of little small things I’m yet to discover.

My Horizon Zero Dawn playing has stalled for a bit; mostly because its getting nearer to the end of the game and I'm sort of wanting to actually clean up a lot of the sidequest stuff (normally I blaze past a lot of it in games). So I'm pacing myself a little so I dont' wear myself out for the final. REALLY REALLY REALLY Enjoyed it and strongly recommend it! Really hope the sequel eventually comes to pc too.

I've also gone back to a game called Rogue Galaxy, which is a space-trading game like a simpler Elite with a Firefly-type feel. It lacks depth, but it's pleasant, and there's something weirdly satisfying about upgrading my spaceship. I just wish that I could paint the ship a different colour.
I did the same last week with FTL and it kept me occupied for a weekend.

wanting to actually clean up a lot of the sidequest stuff
Ha, the bane of all open-world RPGs. I think the only one I ever enjoyed completing like that was The Witcher 3. Mostly the side quests end up so repetitive and dull that I give up on the game completely.

But yea, this week I've gone back to my old Battletech campaign save. I get very annoyed at the enemy mech swarms (because it's boring to wait for so long between turns) but I've been enjoying stomping on stuff :)

Toby, I remember Rogue Galaxy. Definitely a game you can pump hundreds of hours into it. I liked the mini-monster tournament (reminded me a little of the Dragon Quest VIII monstrous pit). RG's combat wasn't something I liked too much, though.

It is huge. Absolutely massive. From memory, the mini-monsters you collect start after the first two planets, not sure how much later.

I used to play a bit of X: Beyond The Frontier, which looks a bit like Rebel Galaxy and is, basically, an Elite clone. I also used to play a bit of Jumpgate, a MMORPG that was a bit like Elite online.

I enjoyed Jumpgate but it’s also the reason I gave up completely on MMORPGs. The reason is quite simple. One day they’re there and then they’re gone and you’ve just wasted hour upon hour on something that no longer exists and you’ve absolutely nothing to show for all that effort.

The reason is quite simple. One day they’re there and then they’re gone and you’ve just wasted hour upon hour on something that no longer exists and you’ve absolutely nothing to show for all that effort.
As opposed to the 400 outfits you'd acquired that make it totally worth it while it's still around?

I gave up on them becuase of the huge time commitments and the inevitable repetetive grind more than anything else.

I started playing Star Wars: Squadrons over the weekend and found it a lot of fun.

It's interesting playing it with a mouse and i think they did a good job of it. I still prefer a good old joy stick, though and might invest in one as a Christmas treat. I'd bet this game is amazing in 3d.