What Game Are You Currently Playing?

My brother, who was never good at losing, broke out first keyboard with his first game which was Football Manager - in fits of anger he'd smash his hand on the keyboard when he lost. The poor spacebar couldn't take it!
I had Sensible World Of Soccer and, being a Celtic supporter, I played Rangers....ensuring they lost 36-0. Football games create bizarre behaviours in people:)

Last night I actually, finally, managed to do the bit in Assassin's Creed 2 where you have to get a flag off a man. I hate anything with time limits or that kind of thing in games, so I was very surprised to have succeeded. I suspect that the game has basically become too hard for me now, but if I get past that stupid bit, I'll be very pleased, because the rest of it is so good.

Last night I actually, finally, managed to do the bit in Assassin's Creed 2 where you have to get a flag off a man. I hate anything with time limits or that kind of thing in games, so I was very surprised to have succeeded. I suspect that the game has basically become too hard for me now, but if I get past that stupid bit, I'll be very pleased, because the rest of it is so good.

Still my favourite Assassin's Creed game. Two was and still is so good.

I'm currently playing The Last of Us Remastered on the toughest difficulty. This game looks breathtaking which is what you can expect from a studio like Naughty Dog. A great survival horror game.

V

I'm currently playing The Last of Us Remastered on the toughest difficulty. This game looks breathtaking which is what you can expect from a studio like Naughty Dog. A great survival horror game.

V
I am tempted to get the remastered complete Ezio adventures.

In Championship Manager, my team (Albion Rovers) is currently leading the 2003 season Scottish Third Division. Next up is a cup game against division 2 East Fife. Talk about glamour match...

Reactions: Vaz
Bannerlord early access came out. I lost a couple of evenings to it.
Ditto, but had to do it for a review which took the fun out of the first dozen hours... Oddly enough started enjoying it a lot more after I'd finished that.

Don't get me started on time limits. Too late, I hate them so much, both micro and macro. The worst for me are long strategy games where they force you into a rush, I never bought XCOM2 because of that reason.

Black Flag for the win. Tropical islands aren't my thing but I enjoyed the pirate ship. I'll always have the greatest fondness for the first one though, when the Animus chapters still felt like they had a point and I didn't wish for a way to skip them.

Yes, even in 2 they feel pretty pointless. The overlying plot is one of the weakest things, to my mind.
And when they started adding all the parkour parts as well... Your ancestor was a master assassin, you're just some random with the right genes. Even if you could remember the techniques you wouldn't wake up and be able to run up walls without the proper conditioning (logic for a game like this falls flat but it still bugs me).

I haven't finished an AC game in so long either, they've gone the way of adding so much to do and so many sidequests required to level up for the main story that I get bored and move on.

I just find the adventures of Dennis - a confused, somewhat angry man in a hoodie - much less interesting that the adventures of Ezio, a master assassin who knows everyone in the entire Renaissance. I don't especially like the whole Templars-vs-Assassins thing, which sounds like a weak Dan Brown plot. It just seems weird to go from this exciting adventure in Renaissance Italy to an angry bloke in a warehouse.

Different strokes for different folks. Always be two for me because as much as I adore the original, two seemed like a big step up at the time.

I still vividly remember tuning into E3 that year to watch stage gameplay. They showed a mission during some night time festival where Ezio gets to use Da Vinci's flying device. I thought it looked so stunning.

On another note the Last of Us is extremely hard - especially on Grounded difficulty. I also really hate Clickers.

Playing Half Life: Opposing Force. I thought it would fill me with nostalgia but it’s just incredibly frustrating with all that ridiculous jumping around. There’s far too much of it.

Not only that, I’d forgotten about the bug that randomly traps you in an elevator, forcing you to reboot the game and start from your last save point.

The past is not what it used to be :confused: