Highlander Marathon Dec 26th

Humaren

The SciFi Channel is having a HIGHLANDER: THE SERIES Marathon on December 26th followed by the HIGHLANDER: THE SOURCE movie starring Adrian Paul

I'm glad I don't live in the US.:D

Now come on...Ok, I admit that it realy went down hill the last two seasons. But it was a great series untill then. From the list of episodes that they are going to show it looks good.

Well I'm undesides on the Sorce.

The series was fine. "The Source" was a piece of crap. There's a REASON it wasn't a theatrical release. It was garbage. After "Endgame" - there's no way.

Don't get me wrong, I love the franchise, but I can't watch Endgame and refuse to sit through The Source ever again.

However, I am highly amused that there is now a set of movies so much worse than HL:II. =)

I liked most of the movies individually, but as a group....I have never seen such a disregard for continuity in any franchise. As for The Source...well I really didn’t like their interpretation of the "One". Basically it didn’t matter if there was one Immortal or one thousand left alive. One special one had to beat the guardian. I liked it much better when it was one Immortal left standing.
As for the series...I loved it, but at the end it wasn’t fun, exciting and cool to be an immortal any more. It became a burden. Look at the last episode when Duncan sulks off to no one knows where, leaving everyone on the barge shaking their heads. It could have ended better.

I'm still looking forward to watching though.

Even worse is that, instead of the PTB for the franchise standing up and saying 'You don't like it, too bad. This is what we put together, this is how it stands.' They caved to the fans and made HL:III which was a bad bad bad rehashing of the first movie.

Speaking of continuity - I put together a list: http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/22733-things-that-would-never-have-happened-in-endgame.html back when the movie first came out (Endgame, that is), b/c I was *so* annoyed at the lack of continuity that I wanted to scream. I think they pulled some random guy who had never seen anything related to Highlander to write the script. It was bad. Just bad.

I don't even want to know where the idea for "The Source" came from.

And you're right - the series, S1 - S4 - very good, after that - mostly crap. And don't even get me started on "The Raven", which was another 'brilliant' move that worked out so well [/ sarcasm].

They could have done great things with The Raven, but it seems that they stopped carring. Which makes me wonder why they bothered in the first place.

It doesn't help either that their star was wacked mentaly durring the whole thing. This is not a personal assessment of her, this is from the interviews with the director, cast and crew on the DVD set.

The problem with "The Raven" is that rather than doing it right and introducing a whole new female immortal character or using a well-liked immortal character (like Methos), they dredged up a character that no one really liked and who had been developed as much as she could've been already and tried to make her the lead on a show. Sorry, Amanda was not strong enough to lead a show.

And if you love bad movies, grab HL's 4 and 5 and you'll be all set! =)