I need expert help

jensan

Hi

I am desperate for your help. I am trying to find a christmas present for my husband (not long married) and I know he likes graphic novels, the only ones he has bought/kept that I know about are watchman and V for vendetta.

I have no idea about graphic novels but I want to get him them for christmas... this is where I REALLY need expert help..... what do I get????

He also likes manga (I watch his ghost in the shell dvd so I know that one).

Please, please, please can you recommend (more that one is great) the Graphic Novels a fan just has to have!!

Thanks tons and I luv you forever for your help

Jeni

Hi

I am desperate for your help. I am trying to find a christmas present for my husband (not long married) and I know he likes graphic novels, the only ones he has bought/kept that I know about are watchman and V for vendetta.

I have no idea about graphic novels but I want to get him them for christmas... this is where I REALLY need expert help..... what do I get????

He also likes manga (I watch his ghost in the shell dvd so I know that one).

Please, please, please can you recommend (more that one is great) the Graphic Novels a fan just has to have!!

Thanks tons and I luv you forever for your help

Jeni

Hi Jeni,

If he has those two by Alan Moore I would suggest From Hell, which is another fantastic graphic novel by Alan Moore about Jack the Ripper. Other Moore titles - Top 10 (but there are a series of trades), which is a cop story where everyone has powers including the police, and it's about how they manage.

Other must haves

Pride of Baghdad - stand alone graphic novel about a pride of lions who escaped from the Baghdad zoo during the first Iraq War, and its a sort of adult lion king, where they talk and go on an adventure, beautifully drawn and fantastic.

The Dark Knight Strikes Again - a classic graphic novel about Batman, a real gem and it's a standalone one off.

More recent ones that are a series of trade paperbacks

Preacher
Y: The Last Man
Ex-Machina
Sleeper
Tom Strong
Criminal

If he likes Manga, I would get him the first trade of Death Note, it is a great and unique manga series.

What genres of film does he like? What kind of TV shows? I can give you a lot more suggestions tailored to suit his tastes once I know this.

You could get him "Lost Girls" it is by Alan Moore and it is also erotic

Batman Versus Predator is still one of the best and most exciting Batman stories yet. Technically not a graphic novel, its a mini-series reprinted in trade paperback and virtually identical to one.