Writer's Accountability

Don't worry about it NSMike, we all have lives as well.

This week I have 2 essays for the Degree I am studying in addition to working on a private project developing one of my Martial Arts Syllabus, my kids are on holiday, my 1yr old is teething and has hit the 'terrible twos' and due to it being a holiday I am working more teaching self defence to holiday makers.

I doubt I'll manage much more than 5000 words this week, and I am my own worst taskmaster.

Life has a way of taking precedence over literature -- we all know how that goes, Mike. You have my sympathy.

Although just at the moment I seem to be getting in my own way. Only managed 3000 words this last week, and much of that was revision, just poking and prodding at the same material over and over again.

I'm not even going to share my word count, it's really really shameful :eek: I've been bashing away at the same bit of story all week and not really getting anywhere but I don't want to start backtracking because I'm just trying to write something and edit it later (usually I can't help myself and edit too much, trying to perfect the first draft rather than just get on with it).