Mountians of Madness movie?

jowolf359

:confused: I had read that the director of Hellboy, Del Toro was going to be involved in a Mountians of Madness movie. Any truth to this?:confused:

I've seen mention of this several times, and I know that artwork exists for Del Toro's conception of the Old Ones. Last I heard was a vague rumor it was in pre-production at this point, and that principal shooting may take place as soon as sometime early next year....

I've followed this story VERY closely for the last year and a half, since Del Toro is one of my favorite directors. The best information I can get is that the studio wasn't interested when he pitched it, but that he still wants to do it. The script is complete, and Latino Review said in a script review that it would be his masterpiece (quite an achievement, considering his body of work). Unfortunately, he seems to have given up on it for the time being, focusing instead on The Hobbit and the half-dozen other potential projects he wants to do after that.

But, since The Hobbit will undoubtedly be a huge box-office success, it may give him some swing to do a big-budget, proper Mountains of Madness down the road. If it's going to be made, he's the only director I want making it.

At the Mountains of Madness is one of my favourites. A film by Del Toro could be awesome...

I like your optimism on him getting some extra influence in the Hollywood boardrooms once The Hobbit has made gazillions, Randolph. Here's hoping!

I've followed this story VERY closely for the last year and a half, since Del Toro is one of my favorite directors. The best information I can get is that the studio wasn't interested when he pitched it, but that he still wants to do it. The script is complete, and Latino Review said in a script review that it would be his masterpiece (quite an achievement, considering his body of work). Unfortunately, he seems to have given up on it for the time being, focusing instead on The Hobbit and the half-dozen other potential projects he wants to do after that.

But, since The Hobbit will undoubtedly be a huge box-office success, it may give him some swing to do a big-budget, proper Mountains of Madness down the road. If it's going to be made, he's the only director I want making it.

Oh god please let that happen!

I heard this as well and I totally agree he's the one I'd want to make it. I think he's one of the few that probably could anyway.