Legend of the Seeker

I'm reminded of my friend who replied when I asked him if the
Tarzan movie with Bo Derek was any good. He said the plot was as bad as he had ever seen. The acting was worse and that it might be one of the worst movies ever made. I told him I thought I would skip seeing it. He came back with the fact that Bo Derek was nude through most of the movie and wanted to know if I wanted to borrow his dvd.

I'm reminded of my friend who replied when I asked him if the Tarzan movie with Bo Derek was any good. He said the plot was as bad as he had ever seen. The acting was worse and that it might be one of the worst movies ever made. I told him I thought I would skip seeing it. He came back with the fact that Bo Derek was nude through most of the movie and wanted to know if I wanted to borrow his dvd.

:D

A local TV magazine rates soap operas by the number of times the young buff male actors take off their shirts. They print pictures too. :p

OMG, I freaking love this show! It's better than Two and a Half Men! Whoever designed Kahlan's outfit for Season 2 deserves an Emmy. And Cara rules! She can poke me with her pain sticks any day. :D

I was watching Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers the other night and was surprised to realize that the elf leading the aid to the humans is also Darken Rahl.

Yes, Craig Parker played Haldir in LOTR. And he is not the only LOTS LOTR cross-over. Bruce Spence (Zedd) was also in LOTR. He played the Mouth of Sauron.

OMG, I freaking love this show! It's better than Two and a Half Men! Whoever designed Kahlan's outfit for Season 2 deserves an Emmy. And Cara rules! She can poke me with her pain sticks any day. :D

Yes, Craig Parker played Haldir in LOTR. And he is not the only LOTS LOTR cross-over. Bruce Spence (Zedd) was also in LOTR. He played the Mouth of Sauron.

Anyone who has Trish Helfer as his/her avatar has to be taken VERY seriously! ;) Here's someone who approaches LOTS with the right attitude. Forget that silly sword and sorcery stuff. Leather, cleavage, S&M, B&D, perfect for the whole family! :D

Good Show!! leaves out all the Goodkind crap dodgy stuff, men and women all worth a second look with good old-fashioned sword and sorcery! Great night's entertainment!!

I loved the books and the series is great. As if there wasn't enough eye candy already they now add Nicci as a regular. Yummy! :)

There is allot about this series that is poor, i'm not the biggest fan of Goodkind, but in his early books he was a good read and they have abandoned most of what made those books good.

Some of it had to be discarded of course, a mainstream tv show can't have his sadistic rape/attempted rape scenes (which do get a bit much in the books). Of course as well a TV show has to be more episodic, so I would happy with some filler episodes while the main plot was waiting to be resolved.

But to just discard everything and Xenafy the whole thing, it just seems like such a waste to me.

On a side note is everyone else a bit tired of these crappy fight scenes where some girl waves her foot or arm around and a 15 stone man in full armour goes flying. Kahlan is an interesting character with a great power, she doesn't need to be fighting like that. I think the book made it very interesting just how vulnerable she was, having to wait between confessions, and it was interesting to see how she got herself out of bad situations even berefit of her power. Turning the confessors into some sort of kung fu posse totally loses that aspect.

I expect the Mord Sith to be more baddass but even there the charcter seems to be fighting by donking people over the head with her agiel.

Hi, JagLover. You made some good points. But I think Kahlan did lead five thousand young men to victory over fifty thousand battle hardened warriors in the books.

As I recall, she could wave a sword around with the best of them. Goodkind made her into a very strong warrior in The Stone of Tears. So the show did stay rather true to the book on that end of things.

The tv series wasn't meant to be taken too seriously. By the end, the book series wasn't meant to be taken too seriously either. After reading nearly ten thousand pages, I just couldn't bring myself to finish that level of rubbish. Knowing that the show will probably disregard the preachy path that the books took is quite the comfort.

And yes, Heather. Nicci is rather yummy. ;)

There is allot about this series that is poor, i'm not the biggest fan of Goodkind, but in his early books he was a good read and they have abandoned most of what made those books good.

Some of it had to be discarded of course, a mainstream tv show can't have his sadistic rape/attempted rape scenes (which do get a bit much in the books). Of course as well a TV show has to be more episodic, so I would happy with some filler episodes while the main plot was waiting to be resolved.

But to just discard everything and Xenafy the whole thing, it just seems like such a waste to me.

On a side note is everyone else a bit tired of these crappy fight scenes where some girl waves her foot or arm around and a 15 stone man in full armour goes flying. Kahlan is an interesting character with a great power, she doesn't need to be fighting like that. I think the book made it very interesting just how vulnerable she was, having to wait between confessions, and it was interesting to see how she got herself out of bad situations even berefit of her power. Turning the confessors into some sort of kung fu posse totally loses that aspect.

I expect the Mord Sith to be more baddass but even there the charcter seems to be fighting by donking people over the head with her agiel.

Shows like this will be the reason why cable's popularity will continue to grow and where viewers will turn to if they want quality entertainment.

Hi, JagLover. You made some good points. But I think Kahlan did lead five thousand young men to victory over fifty thousand battle hardened warriors in the books.

As I recall, she could wave a sword around with the best of them.

She led them to that victory yes, but I don't think it was ever suggested in the books she was some sort of sword master.

She was being pursued by a quad when we first meet her, with the expectation that even if she confesses one and he joins to her side, the remaining three would be quite sufficient to kill her and that man.

In the stone of tears she kills an enemy wizard, but she does it by achieving surprise (rode into the enemy camp naked if I recall correctly)

This is a small bit I grabbed from the sword of truth wiki. http://sot.wikia.com/wiki/Kahlan_Amnell

As Kahlan grew, her mother ordered her father to spend time with her and to teach her about war, tactics, and swordsmanship.
Whether she was a sword master or not, I'm uncertain, but she was a very formidable warrior. Goodkind often attributed this to the time she spent with her father the king.

The reason why a quad was used to kill confessors is because if she did confess one, she would then be too weak to defende herself even if she were a sword master. If the confessed Daharan soldier killed two men, the third would likely get him, and then her.