Just finished reading Farseer sextology - it can't be finished can it?

And in weird way I loved the end of Fool's Fate (actually the best ending of a book I've ever read):

" I have Molly and she is enough for me, and more.
I am content "

*Heart melts*

Agh, I nearly choke on my own vomit, I think it was one of the worst endings ever, I despised Molly (yes even more than Frannie Goldsmith for Stephen Kings The Stand) and Nettle irritated me to no end. Those Marriages, argh it pains me to spek of them, well you get my point. (I hope).

yeps I think Hobb also says a much- that she does not want to continue on Fitz's tale and that for her his story is over.
We might see a tale of his son though

His son also irritates me, and I would only read the book for mentions Chade, FItz and Swift.

woah.. Those weddings were so not realistic, Fitz started alone, he should have ended alone (or with Web or Chade or Swift)
You're just jealous because you're not the 'catalyst' in the books.. :p

Ok, by realistic I meant realistic within the parameters of 'they live happily ever after'. It's still a sort of fairy-tale ending but at least they don't ascend the throne together and rule as fair and noble king and queen to the end of time!

- Dreir -

i could write for hours on this, but I'll just conclude and say, i would really like another story with fitz in it
qq

Regarding Molly, I was rather surprised that Fitz and MOlly happen again, I didn't get a huge sense of fulfillment when it happened, I couldn't tell it would happen till the very last moment, and I wasn't particularly keen on it happening either.

I mean, although MOlly plays a large roll in Fitz life in the first trilogy, she writes him largely out of his obsession with her in the second 3. I mean we really are ready for him to either find new love, or live a life without her. I relaly did not want Burrich to die at all, as soon as he did, I knew that the opening created for Fitz and Molly would somehow materialise.

The reason I think many of us are not keen about or that into MOlly is because there is little written about MOlly herself. MOlly is largely a victim, Molly holds her head high and is independent, these are nice qualities in a person, but hardly remarkable, and we see her often enough always either annoyed with Fitz or frustrated which is understandle, but little else.

Those who like her do not like her for herslef, but like her for what she means to Fitz, and though we understand to a large extenet why she means so much to Fitz, i.e. because she represents a life without intrigue, a quiet place without the complicatioins of court, she appears more an unrealistic fantasy.

There isn't really much of a love story told between them at all, therefore I don't particular feel wow at the fact he ends up with her because I expect him to have outgrown her

Basically I'm saying more should have been written about Molly to endear us all to the ending the two of them have. Elliana Narcheska is a more lively and endearing character than Molly.

Perhaps on a second read I would appreciate the beauty of simple Molly, for whose match with Fitz seems more at home in a 20th century setting than in that period setting of the books.

If more were to come, I'd either have Molly develop in character or the two going seperate ways.

I also thought there was a chance of Fitz and Kettricken for a long time. That ended when I read the bit where Kettricken tells Fitz he is like a brother to her somewhere in the Fool's fate.

I also get the impression that Molly and Fitz happening was not definitely planned by Hobb probably till at the last moment of the last book. It seems... a bit out of place,

More more more!! you know like they chant after artists performon live shows, well i'm still in love with the series, I suppose it will pass over time.

If happiness can be earned and is something that is meant to be some sort of a reward, then yes Fitz is worthy of that.

However being happy does not exclude nor preclude more adventure, in fact life really is full off opposites and challenges, when you are happy in one area, you are desperately challenged in another. And it often is the case when you are most happy in one warea is when perhaps you face the toughest challenges in others.

I really hope we see and hear more from Fitzy .. don't you?

Nope. Each to his own though. It's nice to be talking about Hobb again, it's been a while, and she's one of my very favourites.

I do, he is by far the most interesting character, besides all the other characters annoyed me too much (except for Chade, Burrich, Verity, Kettricken and Nighteyes).

Patience was really annoying, don't you think? *lol*

Seriously, I loved each and every character of Robin Hobb. Ok, we could talk about Regal and Co. :D

I always thought we should have heard more of Kettricken's wit ability. Granted she admits only to a smattering of the ability, but its still there - with her son now recovering from the loss of his first bonding there might be thoughts that she herself might follow the wit line more as she helps her son recover from the loss.

Hardly, OR - I would have thought that any sign from her that she herself has the Wit, and even all the goodwill and pro-Wit propaganda that's been put out by her faction wouldn't save her throne...

The Fool annoys you then, Conan?

Yes, he always irritated me, I don't see why everyone likes him so much (don't respond to that statement since I already started a thread on it a while ago)

Patience, well Im pretty indifferent.

ahh but pyan Kettricken does not think like Chade ;)
she has already experimented and the lure of the Wit (like that of the skill) can be very tempting - she already admitted to a deep fondness of Nighteyes - were she to have pursued her wit further I think in her position (still an outsider ruling another nations kingdom - though of course less so than before) I would think the temptation if followed could be too much for her to resist.
She knows she has some form of the wit, but has never followed it far --

I have to say it should end exactly the way it did. I for one thought it was way more positive for Fitz than I thought it would be. Actually - I thought he was going to die. I thought the two series' would take you from his earliest memory to the end of his life. And besides, as someone else here has already mentioned, Fitz would have had it no other way. Hell, he would've sat in that little cabin until he died if The Fool hadn't come back for him! He wants a simply life and he definately does NOT want to be anywhere around the intrigue of the court, so being a King would be the worst thing for him.

Think about it this way -
1. He saved the world
2. He has Molly for good, his first and lifelong love
3. He lives with Patience, who is like the mother he never had
4. He's reconciled with the memory of his father and even sleeps in his bed
5. He gets to take care of Burrich's children as his own, who are the lasting remnant of the man who raised him
6. His own Hap is happy and growing into a wise man
7. He gave Nighteyes a long, happy life
8. He knows that The Fool is going to live a very long and prosperous life, and that they were successful in completing their mission

Let's face it - this series ends with Fitz living a better life than any of us ever will!

Ouch, but yeah, that's why I thought it should be over, too.

- Dreir -

Even though it definitely is over, that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it... I'd love to read a book from Burrich's perspective though, and maybe Chade's... oh! And Verity too!!!

That would be interesting, Hobb rewriting the series so its from someone elses point of view.

hmm I think Verity would be the best to see from - Burrich really does not do that much that we do not already see - the rest of his life is more functional - though some of his thoughts would be interesting.
Chade I think would be interesting though more moreose than Fitz at times I think (least before the fall of Regal and the rise of Ketterichin (sp)).
Verity though is the one we know the least about and his story I think would be the best to hear - the others we see so much through Fitz's eyes already - but Verity is almost an unknown.

Though I think the best eyes would be those of the king of the Isles (completly forgotten his name!) his different culture, rise to power, the white lady, his raising of an army and his eventual downfall. Heck just a story from those Isles would be great to hear.