Favorite Neelix Episodes

aceplace57

I thought Neelix had some good moments in Voyager. He certainly could be annoying when he was used for comic relief. His jealous fits over Kes were tiresome. Neelix improved tremendously after Kes left the show. Neelix's best moments were when he was used seriously.

My favorite Neelix episode was Season 3, Episode 19, Rise. That was the one with the space elevator. It was one of the key moments when Neelix earned respect from Tuvok. Neelix showed that he really could perform under stress and that he could be counted on. Tuvok and Neelix odd friendship continued throughout the seasons. Their bickering reminded me of Spock and McCoy. It's interesting that in real life the Japanese are currently working on a real space elevator. Google it and you'll find several news articles.

Season 3, Episode 13 Fair Trade was another good character moment for Neelix. He had to face his criminal past and decide what kind of person he wanted to be. He makes a serious mistake (trying to get the map of a new area of Space), steals from Voyager and then risks his life to make things right.

Season 4, Episode 12 Mortal Coil Very nice episode where Neelix has a crises of faith after dying and then coming back to life.

Season 5, Episode 5 Once Upon a Time I loved the relationship between Naomi Wildman and Neelix. He was a wonderful father figure to her. This was one of their best episodes as he tries to babysit her while her badly injured mother is treated in sickbay.

To be fair, one of Voyagers worst episodes was Season 3, Episode 12 Macrocosm. Janeway and Neelix both looked pretty silly fighting giant germs.

Last edited: