Two different writing styles, one book

Cheehwawa

ΩSIRIS
What is your stance on altering the writing style multiple times in the same book? Would you think it would be annoying to, say, read a few chapters written from the POV of a roaming warrior... lots of attention paid to the battlefield drama and human emotion, and trying to uncover his past... and then reading a chapter ot two relating the the warrior, only these chapters would be flash-backs from a few generations before with a more mythological-sounding writing style.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it. Something like this:

Odessus rolled to the right, narrowly avoiding the spear thrust of the snarling reptilian warrior. The beast quickly retracted his weapon, stained red by countless murders. Odessus hurriedly recovered and shifted his weight onto his heels, catapaulting himself forward into scaled chest of the Saurian troop.

Then switching to something like this:

And then Raam, the mightly Lord of the Heavens, called out to his brethren, ordering them to bring forth the best warriors from the wealthy nations of Achaea

At that, the scorning mother of Raam betrayed her mighty son; she emitted a guttural howl as she summoned the mighty Demons, the Revenant, to do battle with the Sky-God's legions

And so on, and so on... I think that I have one main story to tell, but I also want to intercut it with the myths I have created, as the main hero has more divine ties than he may recall...

Well, I dont see any problems with doing something like this. I would also like to reiterate what Hollywood heroines say about nudity ,"I was critical to the plot and it was very well executed."

I thunk it was The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins where each section of the book is told by a different character and Collins is clever enough to alter his writing style according to the individual narrator.

I don't think it would be annoying providing it is done well.

Try reading the book to get ideas. It's a good read anyway.