Smallville

mac1

Science fiction fantasy
Does anyone here like Smallville?

Its quickly becoming one of my favorite shows.

:'( Come on, I cant' be the only one following it :'(

The show is great. Martha and Jonathan Kent are exactly as you would expect. And Michael Rosenbaum's portrail of Lex Luthor is possibly the best yet. I love the way the series is just toying with the idea of turing him evil, but I am not sure if they will make him Clark's nemesis by the end of the series. The way they are currently best friends under false pretenses gives you a real forboding sense of what's to come.

:'( Come on guys, what are your opinions of the show? :'(
:'( Or am I really the only one following it :'(

Sorry! Barely watch any TV at the moment, excepting morning children's programs with the kids. I'm sure there's got to be someone around who's seen "Smallville"?

I watch Smallville and enjoy the show immensely(?) pardon the poor spelling, 4:00 in the morning. Anyways, back to topic. I haven't gotten to see a lot of the second season however, due to having to work most Tuesdays until 9:00 PM. So I'm now downloading some episodes through Kazalite.

I didn't actually get to see the second part of the Tempest episode until I downloaded yesterday, enjoyed it thoroughly.

I definately enjoy the portrayal of Lex. I also like the way that they're starting to make Lana a character in her own right instead of a secondary object of lust.

BEWARE - POSSIBLY SPOILER ALERT
Yeah Its starting to get interesting isn't it.

Lana will become a much better character now that Whitney has been killed off. Lionel Luthor obviously knows that there is something odd about Clark, and his relationship with Martha is an interesting one too. I can't possibly predict what is going to happen and I think that is what makes it such a good show. That, and the character development. I hope thay do a lot more with Pete, now that he knows Clark's secret. And how long can Clark continue lying to Lana. I read on a website that Chloe has a very famous cousin who will soon enter the show. I am hoping this wont be Lois as this would qiute possibly be that worst mistake the producers could make. So far to my (admittedly fairly limited) knowledge, they have stayed true to the Superman saga.

Whatever they do with Lex, I'm sure it will be great.

Anyone following season three. That last ep featuring a very young Perry White was cool!

I watched a few episodes in the beginning as it seemed to be of interest to me, unfortunately, it just didn't do it for me. I haven't watched it since. I did like the young Lex Luthor characterization, but that is about it.

Great show, great cast. Unfortunately in Australia they only showed the first half of Season 2, but it should be back on in a few months.

Anyone watch Birds of Prey, the Batman spin-off?

Milamber, I saw the first 6 episodes of Birds of Prey, and its not too bad, nothing on Smallville though. It was a little too cheesy I think, but perhaps it wasn't given enough time to develop. I will eventually get round to watching the other 7 episodes, shame they cancelled it after just 13 though.

I always see Smallville !!! and I have to say that it's incredible !!! At the begining i dind't see it because I don't like very much superman.. but when I saw Clark I fell in love with him... he's so handsome... and now I always see Smallville (sorry if there's something bad, but I'm spanish)

Ahh Bigmac, if only I had found this thread sooner. Believe it or not, I never made the connection between the Smallville advertisements and Superman. Luckily I have this site to show me the light. (it rhyhms and I'm sorry for it) But now my husband and I are hooked on Smallville. We bought the 2nd and 3rd seasons this Christmas and we have been watching one or two episodes every day since. Unfortunately there hasn't been too many new, or as the WB puts it... "fresh" episodes on since the holidays started. I can't wait until it begins again, but I have enjoyed watching the episodes without commercials. I know this thread has been dead for awhile, but now that I'm a Smallville fanatic I was hoping there were others out there too. :)

I like Smallville... Even though it isn't strictly the way that Supermans early years should be going... But, with that in mind, I like some of the ideas, concepts, etc...

Plus, Lana Lang... Mmmmmmm!! *DROOL*

I've been watching Smallville on off. Before it came on TV, I was hyped for it! I was experiencing serious withdrawal of the Lois and Clark series (and I'm still an avid part of that fandom). But this is probably why I've always looked very critically at Smallville. I had expectations, and that's usually a bad idea.

I good get right into it, starting with the fact the Kristin Kreuk is cute and everything, but Lana Lang is supposed to be a blond!!! And from there I could go on endlessly about things that fit the concept of the show, but not what it should be like in my mind.

Besides that, the series drew me in and I quickly became a great fan of Chloe's. I liked and like her much more than Lana. (But I've only seen season 1, almost nothing of season 2, and half of season 3).

All in all, Smallville didn't live up to my expectations, but I can understand why people like the show so much. If I hadn't seen Lois and Clark before that, I might have love Smallville to pieces. Who knows. (And I admit that Lois and Clark wasn't the most genial series ever. But it had the romance and the chemistry)

As to if Rosenbaum is the best Luthor ever or not... I disagree, John Shea did a job that nobody will ever manage to get close to. I tried watching Mutant X where he plays the good guy. But I always thought he would turn around at any moment and stab the mutants in the back. He's the bad guy for me. Forever. He can view that as a compliment.

Ok, I'll stop rambling now. Please don't kill me. :)

I enjoyed the show through the first season and into some of the second ... although haven't watched any of the 3rd. Maybe I'll try to get back into it because it was a nice little program....

I was a big fan of the Lois and Clark series also. My entire family would pile into the living room to watch it every week. There has been sufficient time between the two series for me to warm up to another superman family. I don't remember hearing about the Lana character. If she was in the movies or the Lois and Clark series, I never made the connection. It's been years since I've seen either.

I don't know if it's fair to compare the other Lex Luthers with Michael Rosenbaum because we've never seen them play a young Lex. I always thought Lionel Luther in Smallville was more comparable to the Lex Luthers of the movies and Lois and Clark. I'm sure the smallville producers wanted viewers to make that particular comparison so we could understand how Lex Luther became who he is in the later series.

Anyway, it's fun to see Superman as an adolescent discovering his powers. It's like watching the behind the scenes personal account of the Man of Steel we all know and love. I suppose if I want to be a true Superman fan I would read the comics, but I'm not there yet. Maybe someday.

And Master, I agree that Lana Lang is very hot. But I'm not going to drool. :D

The Lana thing: I believe she was depicted as a blond in the comics and if I remember correctly, she was blond, too, at her short appearance in Lois and Clark (I think it was in Tempus Fugitive... well, the episode where Lois ends up in an alternate universe whose Lois Lane dissappeared years ago before ever meeting Clark who in turn is engaged to that Lana who wants him to hide his powers forever. But Lois makes him become Superman, he's discovered instantly, Tempus tries to kill him, fails, etc.)

Gaaahhh, I'll stop rambling, this is a Smallville thread after all. :)

I didn't see all the episodes, but I liked that seria. At the beginning I couldn't help myself doing the analogy with Superman. The presence of Lex has changed that. Not a very bad guy, after all. :)

Clark is such a sweet guy and Jonathan, his adoptive father is so COOL ! :p