There will be a sixth Stravaganza!

yes i have thought that maybe at tv series would be more suited, because then, we wouldn't miss lots of important things, but then it might not be as good quality as a film might be. i'm not saying that there aren't good quality tv series out there(because there definately are) but the chances of it becoming a really good production as opposed to a half hearted one are less than if it was made into a film.

sorry do i make any sense?

yes i have thought that maybe at tv series would be more suited, because then, we wouldn't miss lots of important things, but then it might not be as good quality as a film might be. i'm not saying that there aren't good quality tv series out there(because there definately are) but the chances of it becoming a really good production as opposed to a half hearted one are less than if it was made into a film.

sorry do i make any sense?

I think you're making perfect sense. However, I think that (if they were to do something) Stravaganza would be better as a series because they wouldn't necessarily be under the time crunch that movies seem to have. With a tv series, they could take a whole season to do one book which means they could elaborate more on little things that might get passed over for a feature film.

Now am I making any sense?

Any chance of seeing Guido Parola in this book Mary? I really like his character, and I he was going to study in Fortezza, so I am hopping to see him!

Yay! I think it is awesome that you take the time to answer questions for your fans Mary!

A_I_13 and FireDragon-16:

Surely a TV series would be better for the lenght, even with not the best special effects, a good story is always good even when the effects looks a little (or more than a little) unreal.

I like the Hallmarks mini-series like Dinotopia, The Lost Empire, Snow Queen, etc. I think that would be a very nice option!

But I don't miss the hope for a really great tv production when I see Game of Thrones!

Anyway, I still wish an animated version (subliminal message: Ghibli pleaseeee XD)

Just finished rereading city of ships.... Suddenly July seems soo far awayy!!

Mary, the product description for city of swords on amazon talks about the book like it is going to be the last in the series... Please tell me that this is just a misunderstanding on their part!! There is going to be another book...isn't there?

Mary, the product description for city of swords on amazon talks about the book like it is going to be the last in the series... Please tell me that this is just a misunderstanding on their part!! There is going to be another book...isn't there?

I'm afraid Bloomsbury are not publishing any more so City of Swords will be the last - at least for the time being.

Never say "never"!

Hi Mary,

I'm a Dutch girl and I like the Stravaganza-books very much. I'm sorry for my English, if I make mistakes in my grammar or vocabulary.
I'm excited that there is going to be a new book! I can't wait very long for it but I fear the Dutch translation is ready in 2013?
I hope you are going to write more Stravaganza-books because they are extremely good written! So I hope Bloomsbury is going to publish all (I hope) 12 books for each city (Are you going to write them in the future?)...
Are there going to be more babies in City of the Swords? A baby for Geatano and Fransesca? And are we going to hear more about Beatrice and Arianna?

Greetings,

Emma

Last edited: