There will be a sixth Stravaganza!

While I think it would be cool to see the Stravaganza books made into movies, when I think about it, there are actually a lot of books that have been made into movies that ended up ruining the magic of the books...don't get me wrong, there are several movies that did their books justice but there are still those movies that aren't and I think that messes things up.
I think that making a movie would have to be entered into with slight hesitation so that the books could still be seen in the movie...

WAIT A MINUTE!

What about Stravaganza movies... animated?

I prefer traditional animation in 2D, but 3D would be ok for me too.

So, they can design characters and locations just like Mary think of them, and that solve problems like ages between books.

(have you seen the photos from Harry Potter characters for the end on the movies? It's just like... Ew ._.)

Anyway, Merla would be in CGI. So, why not animation?

For some reason, I just can't see them animated. I don't think it fits, usually animated movies are all 'not real' but I think that that defeats the whole point, because you want to show how real this world is, it's not just a figment of someones imagination.

But it's true, Merla would have to be in CGI.

Wow! I am so excited! I can't wait for the next one and it is great to think that it is being written.

Do you know when it is going to be released next year?

Will the hardback and paper back versions be published together, or will it be like city of ships?

So, if I want to get a hardback edition to match all of my other ones, I will have to get it from the us?

That was also true of City of Secrets and City of Ships.

Mary

Actually, they were available in the UK in hardback. I bought them from Amazon. Not from someone on Amazon, from the actual company. Is it going to be the same for City of Swords as it was for City of Ships? Because then I will be able to get the hardback from Amazon.

Actually, they were available in the UK in hardback. I bought them from Amazon. Not from someone on Amazon, from the actual company. Is it going to be the same for City of Swords as it was for City of Ships? Because then I will be able to get the hardback from Amazon.

They were available from Amazon but they are American editions. There are no UK hardbacks of the second trilogy. Yes, it will be the same. But the America hardbacks tend to come out a bit later than the UK paperbacks.

City of Swords went to my agent and editor this morning.

Phew!

That's awesome to hear - I'm looking forward to it! I'm still waiting for David to be published in Canada, which looks like I'll have to wait until September, when Bloomsbury USA releases it in North America.

For some reason, I just can't see them animated. I don't think it fits, usually animated movies are all 'not real' but I think that that defeats the whole point, because you want to show how real this world is, it's not just a figment of someones imagination.

But it's true, Merla would have to be in CGI.

I'd have to agree - I'm not quite able to imagine the series animated. (I'd personally be horrified if it was a CG movie, mostly because I'm tired of them.) Not so much because animation makes it seem less real, but it's way it's depicted that leaves me sort of unsure (I'd have to see what the designs would be like and such). It could be very good, though, we'd never really know unless someone decides to pursue that method. I've seen some very good animated adaptions of novel series like The Twelve Kingdoms by Fuyumi Ono and Moribito by Nahoko Uehashi.

I wonder, if not a film (series), perhaps Stravaganza would translate better into the medium of a television series? There would more room for exploring (slice-of-life?) moments because the pacing would be different and I'd think it would have a better chance of showing more of the series than a film series, especially if the first film does not succeed. Production values for television series can be very high and turn out very well (or maybe it's just me thinking about the fantastic clothes worn in The Tudors - very opulent).

(And maybe a better chance at finding some young unknowns for Lucien and Arianna, if the pressure isn't there to find someone with a name already out there. XD)

On the other hand, I'm also the odd person who is trying to imagine if it's possible to adapt Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales into a mini-series that focuses on the pilgrims telling stories (sort of like How I Met Your Mother, except with visible narrators), with interruptions and breaks and stuff. Hmm....