Merlin: BBC 1 - Saturday Nights

From the beginning, a lot of sites (Wikipedia included) listed the episode count as 26, and stated that Merlin had been commissioned to have two series.

Whilst it doesn't say that any more, the Wikipedia page does no say that the BBC re-commissioned Merlin for a second series on the 13th December, which begins filming this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merlin_(TV_series)

OK, I've either mellowed in the months since I gnashed my teeth at the first episode, or it's got better, but I just watched the last thirty minutes of Beauty and the Beast part 2, and it was pretty good. For some reason it no longer bothers me that it has almost nothing to do with the traditional stories. And next week's episode has Charles Dance! Can't be bad.

I hereby retract my original disparagement.

I completely agree HareBrain. I wasn't totally convinced with series 1 but this series has definitely improved and been really enjoyable. The two parter that concluded last night was such good fun and Sarah Parrish was brilliant as the Troll. The series has been knocked for being miles away from any other Arthurian legends, but so what, it's all made up anyway. Plus it slips into the Dr Who Saturday evening slot beautifully.