Stravaganza Translations?

speakmoretti

Hi there!

I'm posting here out of curiosity, because someone on the stravaganza LJ comm mentioned that they could only get the first two books in Spanish (she's in Mexico) - is there any plan to translate more of the series?

By the way - I've been reading City of Secrets, which has been totally awesome so far! :)

Meg

Hi there!

I'm posting here out of curiosity, because someone on the stravaganza LJ comm mentioned that they could only get the first two books in Spanish (she's in Mexico) - is there any plan to translate more of the series?

By the way - I've been reading City of Secrets, which has been totally awesome so far! :)

Meg

One thing you need to know is that authors are not the best people to answer these questions! We hear, if at all, only very late in the day, sometimes just before copies of foreign editions arrive.

Stravaganza is translated into 28 languages but not all 3 (or 4) are available in every one of the languages. And some publishers have decided to stop after one or two titles. This is apparently very common with series and Stravaganza has held up better than most.

I THINK that Mexico might be one of the countries that aren't taking any more but I either can't remember (with information coming as occasional e-mails about 28 translations, I am not always on the ball) or haven't been told.

The best thing is to ask the publishers - either the foreign ones direct or Bloomsbury UK.

Good luck and I'm glad you are enjoying Secrets.

Mary

Sad to read this, I'm still searching from another spanish version... Spain ,Argentina, whateverrrr =(