Photographic creativity in the field

Overread

Searching for a flower
Let me take 11 mins of you time to show you some works by photojournalists in their respective fields - and give them a moment to tell you their thoughts

Aurora Photos Visual Storytelling - Multimedia - Jump

Well worth seeing for all fields of photographer- from people to landscape to wildlife.

Warning - one section does show images of deformed (birth defects) children which some might find distressing (nothing you would not see on the news but still there.)

Now I do like some of those shots; especially the animal ones (LOVE the elephant walking forward through the fabric). Not keen on the deformed people, though. You see enough of that on the news and it just makes me sad.

But some of those action shots were wow, too! Those photographers certainly have got out and about quite a bit. Beats shots of my sister's back yard. :)

Some stunning photos there. Always an inspiration to see others :)

one day = sigh = one day ;)

till then its great work - must say I like the last one - Battle of the Eagles! Definatly a snowy theme running through them

I thought I'd add this here -- it's technically an article arguing for a new name to classify a certain type of cloud, but the pictures of said clouds are...wild. Part of me still wants to say "that...that's photoshopped", despite being apparently real clouds.

BBC - Today

Wow! Not so much wild, as downright scary, Hoops - especially the second one, with the low sunlight on it. Looks like a giant devil-bat stooping over the town....:eek:

I have to agree with you, Hoops - it definitely looks Photoshopped. I think it's something you've got to see to believe.

Until then, however real they are, I'll think that they're (rather nice) photos from the last Doctor Who episodes with the Sontarans.

Errm yeah, definitely color corrected, the shape is natural, but some curves on top to make it all a bit "dramatic" and then saturation pushed pretty hard.

I agree - at first I thought they were HDR shots, however there are some big overexposed areas in some - I suspect that they used a tonemapping program or single photo HDR (same as tonemapping in this case, but HDR is a popular term) first - then curves followed by a saturation boost.
Its most likley showing the shape of the clouds a lot more than we might normaly see in the daytime.

Depends if the images are digital which lets presume they are, in that case they have just pulled the contrast in Camera Raw (assuming this is the softwear they are using, to process the images directly to Photoshop, otherwise it would be Capture One) creating those tonal "holes". And then added curves and saturation :)