Any news on the Lovecraft Library Series?

Lobolover

HP usualy has at least a stub out months prior-a frustrating thing with "CH and SH",

so anyone know whats going on?

HP usualy has at least a stub out months prior-a frustrating thing with "CH and SH",

so anyone know whats going on?

From what I remember of the old "Forthcoming but not scheduled yet" list on the Hippocampus Press website (which has been gone since the beginning of the year, I think), the next volume might be the double Jimbo & The Centaur by Algernon Blackwood.

I also remember a reference to a book by Edward Lucas White -- can't remember the title, but you can find the reference in the introduction to Joshi's The Evolution of the Weird tale.

Derrick's been busy lately -- a lot of books happening at the same time -- but I'm hoping that we might see something for October and beyond soonish.

Well, Derrick has been extremely busy getting everything put together for the recent releases, not to mention the up-and-coming ones, so this series may have been put on hold for a bit. You might try to contact him via the HP site, and see....

From what I remember of the old "Forthcoming but not scheduled yet" list on the Hippocampus Press website (which has been gone since the beginning of the year, I think), the next volume might be the double Jimbo & The Centaur by Algernon Blackwood.

I also remember a reference to a book by Edward Lucas White -- can't remember the title, but you can find the reference in the introduction to Joshi's The Evolution of the Weird tale.

Derrick's been busy lately -- a lot of books happening at the same time -- but I'm hoping that we might see something for October and beyond soonish.

I recall mention, too, of The Elixir of Life by Ransome being planned for the series... or am I misremembering? If so, do you happen to know whether that's still on the agenda or not? Or if not, if anyone else is planning on putting out a new edition of that one, as it's quite difficult to come by....

and when J.D. says that,it means SOMETHING.

Yes,and I have a vague feeling I saw something about "the lady who came to stay" on the site too.

And by the way,whose Derrick?

and when J.D. says that,it means SOMETHING.

Yes,and I have a vague feeling I saw something about "the lady who came to stay" on the site too.

*bangs head on desk* Yes, you are both right. The Elixir of Life & The Lady Who Came to Stay was another title. I guess it's still on.

And by the way,whose Derrick?

Derrick IS Hippocampus Press -- it is a small press. :) Great guy!

*bangs head on desk* Yes, you are both right. The Elixir of Life & The Lady Who Came to Stay was another title. I guess it's still on.

Would be very glad to see a new edition of the Ransome; having never read the latter, I'm very curious... but given Lovecraft's response, this is another I'd very much like to have....

Derrick IS Hippocampus Press -- it is a small press. :) Great guy!

Which rather answers your question, Lobo, on why/how things like this take so much time: with an operation that small, and having other responsibilities as well, things don't always run smoothly and almost never run quite according to schedule....

you ever consider nominating yourself to asist?

And while were at it-ANYONE know what "The Lady Who Came to Stay" is ABOUT?

Hippocampus Press have just updated their website with information on new titles that will appear in the near future. :)

and they updated the bit to say "Ransome" and have a blurb to it to.

Of course theres litle actual info,but lets just hope they add it later.

Eh? It gives a capsule synopsis of the novel, does it not? At least, that's what I get when I use that link....:confused:

I mean for the whole colection-theres not any info,like "Lovcraft discovered Shiel in 19xx.....etc.etc.".Also,what intrigues me is,they are giving out a novel Lovecraft was said to have liked-whose author they say is stil alive.

I mean for the whole colection-theres not any info,like "Lovcraft discovered Shiel in 19xx.....etc.etc.".Also,what intrigues me is,they are giving out a novel Lovecraft was said to have liked-whose author they say is stil alive.

I may be missing something here (I'm going on 5 nights of between 4-5 hours of badly-broken-up sleep, so that's quite likely), but I'm not sure what you're referring to. If you mean the review at the link... that was written in 1931... or are you referring to something else entirely?:confused:

If by "the whole collection" you mean the Lovecraft's Library series... then such information seems more appropriate to an introduction to a particular work rather than a blurb on the publisher's site....

The colection of Spencer and Ransome has no BG information-which it had on all the preceeding ones,which was later printed on the back cover.I said I hope they will add it later.