Don S Davis dies

Dr.Jackson

Certified Space Monkey
Haven't seen this news posted on the site yet, apologies if it is elsewhere, but the actor Don S Davis, best known for playing Major General George Hammond in Stargate SG-1 died of a heart attack on 30th June.

I know that I am deeply saddened by the news. Having met him on several occasions, I found him to be a lovely, warm and witty man who always had time for the fans. Rather than just being a face in sea of people, he remembered who I was on each occasion I met him, and referred to things we had discussed previously - above and beyond anything I expected from someone who must have met thousands of people during the conventions, and who had more important things to do than remember some chatty nerd.

Rest in peace Don, I'll miss you.

Fuller story - GateWorld - Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Don S Davis was one of my favourite actors. I am stunned and saddened at the news of his death.

A shock indeed. I always remember him as Scully's dad from the X-Files and Major Brooks from Twin Peaks.

A terrible bump/reminder, but Don was one of my favourite actors. Its creepy though that in the episode '2010', which aired a decade ago, they said General Hammond died of a heart-attack, only for it to actually happen years later to the actor that played him.

RIP!