If you could ask JK Rowling anything

Did it have to be either/or? Why not both?

I believe Ms. Rowling might say...

Sirius was there for the tie in to Harry's parents. Once that was established, he needed to go. He had nothing left to offer the story. They already had his house, his story, the reality of Azkaban, and his vengeance upon Peter. Remus basically leaves the story after HPATPOA. All Sirius had left to offer was binge drinking with Harry and exposing Snape's secret too early. Imagine Sirius trying to assist Harry and company in HPATDH.... Imagine it... Seriously... Think about it...

Sirius would have mucked it up worse than Ron. And if he'd found out about Regulus' sacrifice, he'd have tried to out do him. Really, if Bellatrix hadn't killed him, someone else would have done it before the final battle... one of the Deatheaters, Voldemort himself... or even Snape. Sirius was a loose cannon... and Snape would not have regretted sectum sempra-ing him one bit.

And Sirius would also have competed for Harry's already tangled and fragile emotions. No, Sirius was marked for death by the author from the moment he flew away on Buckbeak.

Arthur, on the other hand, was the source of information about the inner workings of the Ministry. He was also the patriarch of the Weasleys. Of the two, he was the much more stabilizing father figure for Harry. Arthur could do much more to resist Voldemort by working inside the Ministry and by gathering allies than Sirius ever could.

Why did you make Ron x Hermione canon despite your better judgement of them not being compatible as a couple?
Why did you make Harry x Ginny happen when you made Ginny rather dislikeable in things related to Harry?

I'm still wondering how horcruxes were actually made, and how did Voldemort learn to make them?

I'm still wondering how horcruxes were actually made, and how did Voldemort learn to make them?

I think Hermione said that she found the exact instructions in one of the books and that the book was still available in the Restricted Section while Riddle was in the school since the books were removed by Dumbledore.

How many times have you been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios?

Did you have any plans to explore the themes of slavery in more detail then the you did? How did you feel this painted the wizards world?

You once stated that there's only around one hundred new pupils each year going to Hogwarts, this means one hundred new members of the workforce each year once they leave. Given Hogwarts is the only magical school in the UK and Ireland, was this a plot point to suggest the magical population was stagnating, possibly even dwindling that was never addressed?

What kind of education are the under 11's getting before going to Hogwarts? Is it just regular school and do they still get regular classes such as Maths and history and so on at Hogwarts?

Did you ever consider doing a "What If?" series based around Voldermort killing Neviles parents rather than the Potters and how things might have turned out if Nevile had been the chosen one? I can still see Nevile being a nervous wreck due to his grandmothers behaviour.

Did you ever consider writing a follow up book series around Harry and co as adults?

HOw about a sidalong read for Deathly Hallows that tells the story of year 7 at Hogwarts.

I've removed a series of posts in which apparently socio-political issues were being referred to, and the replies to them.

This thread should be about what things you'd want to ask JKR relating to Harry Potter and her work as a writer in general - and not about personal issues, or her controversial views. Plenty of other places online to discuss the latter. :)

"Is wizarding magic unique to the Earth - could for example, Wizards have gone to the Moon or conducted any sort of space exploration"

I mean I would imagine that the early Wizards had a much deeper understanding of the natural sciences than Muggles, but I suggest they probably started getting "behind the times" during early understanding of Physical Law. Who has a use for Physics when you can go "poof!" and create any sort of desired effect.

Wizards in Space would be cool (if we don't consider that to essentially just be Dune). :ROFLMAO:

Just how good was the coffee at the The Elephant House Café?