If you could ask JK Rowling anything

Why wasn't Quirrel fired before he could get near the stone and nearly kill Harry? If Snape knew, Dumbledore must have.

When you started to write the fist book, have you had any idea, how it's all going to end?

If I could ask J.K. Rowling anything...

Well for starters I always thought Harry and Hermione would end up together because from books 1 - 5 it certainly seems like it and then book 6 came out and all it was was Harry's internal dialogue about a monster in his stomach every time Ginny was around! I was like 'What!? Since when has Ginny interested him in that way!?' I mean it was obvious that she went for the whole James and Lily concept again, but seriously! Why write 5 books that look to be going one way and then write the last two which don't make sense when it comes to the pairings? I mean, it seems more like Ron and Hermione hated each other the whole way through and then they suddenly love each other? I mean come on! Plus, Ginny had some weird obsession with Harry, I mean that would scare guys off, not have a random monster appear that needs its appetite satiated!

Okay...rant over. I would ask her these things...

What was your business plan and what advice can you give me so I can emulate it?

If I could ask J.K. Rowling anything...

Well for starters I always thought Harry and Hermione would end up together because from books 1 - 5 it certainly seems like it and then book 6 came out and all it was was Harry's internal dialogue about a monster in his stomach every time Ginny was around! I was like 'What!? Since when has Ginny interested him in that way!?' I mean it was obvious that she went for the whole James and Lily concept again, but seriously! Why write 5 books that look to be going one way and then write the last two which don't make sense when it comes to the pairings? I mean, it seems more like Ron and Hermione hated each other the whole way through and then they suddenly love each other? I mean come on! Plus, Ginny had some weird obsession with Harry, I mean that would scare guys off, not have a random monster appear that needs its appetite satiated!

Okay...rant over. I would ask her these things...

And she would reply,
'Just how large is your lack of reading comprehesion?'

As she made quite clear in the 'Interview of Doom' as it's called by all those sunk Harmonians she dropped anvil sized hints throughout the books that Ron and Hermione were always destined to be together. She also had a good few hints that Harry was much more aware of Ginny than he realised.

I myself would ask her just how many murders Snape committed as a Death Eater

When the seventh book of HP series was released I read it somewhere that says JK Rowling had originally thought up two or three different endings to the book. When she found out someone on the Internet had speculated what her first choice would be she turned to use her second choice of ending.
From then on I've been curious to death what was her original plan. It must be better than what got published because the latter half of the Death Hollows is not up to her standard at all IMHO. Even if that was only a rumor, the fact is she did not solve many mysteries she built up through the previous 6 books (such as, on top of my head, the strange veil with those whispers that Sirius fell in) , so she may have another ending where all these could be explained. I really want to ask her what ending was that. So very curious.(Very likely Harry would die in that ending though)

When she found out someone on the Internet had speculated what her first choice would be she turned to use her second choice of ending.

This is one of the curses of the internet. It's fun to read others' speculations on how complex multi-part plots will turn out, but if one theory gets enough weight and seems credible enough, the author cannot then use it without it seeming a let-down -- whereas in the old days, one person or a small group of reading friends might feel chuffed that they had worked out the truth.

Hello! ;)

I would probably ask similar questions...

But wouldn't it be great if Rowling would write for example of Harry's children's lives a new series?? ;)
HAIDI

I haven't got my books signed. ;(

But... Where does Rowling live now?

HAIDI

I'd ask her (or hint to her) about the whether she has considered writing another book from Ginny's viewpoint set in the year harry/ron/hermonie were out and about. You got alot of hints what was going on at hogwarts during that year. I think it would make a good story on its own.

Rob, in that scenario are you holding a book, or a blank cheque? ;)