What kind of fantasy character would you be?

I'd probably be the one who's always there when ya need him. Whether it's for reassurance that you arn't going to be massacred by dragon lords with 8 heads or when your in desperate need for Saviour:D I'd probably also be the cheeky sort.

The best friend with a brain in other words:D

A medic, healer or alchemist! Providing potions and lotions for all ailments!

I'd tend toward some combination of The Clansman's Caoll (and that reference alone ought to dispel any further uncertainties as to where the character is found) and Ross' character, with the exception that I'd somehow miraculously (and thru no doing of my own!) avoid the dirt dive.

I think I'd do ok with the travelling and living rough, I've even had a little bit of weapons training so would hopefully do as well as the next clueless person lost in an impossible world.

I'd quite possibly be sitting on the otherside of the fire saying "if that kid whines 'why me' one more time...."

Assuming I retained my memory I reckon I'd carve a lucrative niche for myself as Royal Inventor:

"I assure you it's perfectly safe your Majesty; I have decided to call it a Bicycle..."

Maybe start with the minor nobility, if His Majesty falls onto the horizontal bar you could be off to the guillotine :D.

I'd probably spur all the woman to demand equal rights and start a feminist uprising :)

I would *like* to be some supporting character, adventurer warrior that has a pivotal role in the plot on the good guys' side. happy to traverse hundreds of miles. I don't mind camping and trekking and having interst in herbs survival and things.

otherwise, being shortsighted , I would probably be some artisan, creating stuff for a library, or, more glamourous occupation would be an armourer detailing armour, carving stuff like that in leather or metals.

- or knowing my luck, be a road sweeper in the town! - all those horses trotting by will leave quite a mess. Saving up the pennies I get from selling the 'stuff' I shovel up as fertilizer to buy a good ale at the end of the day(though I'll probably be sitting on my own from because of the day job! )

-but I would still wander about the surrounding country on my days off or after work- and while 'dumping my excess load' in the nearby forest (on order of the town major to get rid of the stink when I was trying to stock pile it all) I would clumsily trip over some tree roots and into the fairy land below through secret holes in the grass. Then, magically, my eyesight is perfect and I'm worshiped as a giver of life to the forest because of my day job! mmm. might have to jot that one down for a short story.

I guess if I was brought up in medieval times, and not the current climate to compare with, I wouldn't miss a lot of the creature comforts or worry about walking around a lot because it would be all I knew to live in that time.

I think if I wasn't able to help out in a library or such, surrounded by books (much like Elvet) I'd probably be an artisan of some sort. I'm not too bad with travelling or being outdoors a lot, so that wouldn't be too much of a problem. Definitely an interesting question, though.:)

The Forest Ranger, clad in green, with a long-bow, accompanied by my faithful hound.

In my younger days, I would have been the soothsayer who sat in the town square making dire predictions. (In the event of my predictions being too dire, I would make arrangements to leave town before anything started to happen.)

Now, I would be the one who stayed behind in some safe and comfortable place like the Last Homely House, listening to the adventures of all the travellers who passed through, and turning them into highly embellished tales.

Hmmm...I would be an artisan/artist of some kind. Possibly a monk doing illuminated manuscripts, or some kind of craftswoman/maker with a splash of the scholar/inventor, living on the outskirts of the village where I can get away from all those interfering, loud, smelly people. And/Or I would keep animals of some kind.

Im in two minds

Either a nice sleek black dragon with a wicked sense of humor, fabulos wings and golden eyes

or

An ancient (2000+) vampire, very rich and very decandent with lots of friends vamps and mortas also very rich and very decandent

Assuming it wasn't some kind of closed shop based on natural talent or whatever i'd probably be the mage deliving into "things man was not meant to know".

Always been the type who couldn't resist taking thing apart just to see how they worked (reassembly ... optional)

Would probably be a lot of fun until a bunch of heros, all moaning about the long walks and lack of sanitation, came along to ask me to stop :)

I want to be the girl elf who is imprisoned in a tower with all the creature comforts who gets the big hunky hero at the end of the book.:D
Of course, the vacuous,flighty and pretty sister of the dour lady socerer would alos not be bad - you get to run off with the dark and dangerous stranger - except you usually come to a sticky end.

Back