Gerry Anderson fanfic

quiller

Hi everyone
I've just come across this site and think you might be able to help me.
I'm writing an article for Andersonic magazine about why thee is much more fanfic written about Thunderbirds than any other GA series.
As someone who writes TB stories myself I have my own theories on this, but would be interested to hear from people who write for other GA fandoms.
And if there is a website out there with 1550 Stingray/Space Precinct stories on it, then I'd rather find out now than after we go to print and I end up with egg on my face.
Grateful for any input.
quiller

Hi quiller,

that's an interesting question, because at the moment in the UK there at least two TV advertisements running with a Thunderbirds theme. There is one for some kind of water and tells you that you need hydrated 'Brains', and there is another for Specsavers.

Thunderbirds will always have a special childhood memory for me, but it isn't the best of his many series. It is probably the most well remembered by people in general. It did have two cinematic film releases in the '60's, and then was the most recent travesty, a few years ago. None of the other series can say that, so I expect that is one reason.

As for Space Precinct, the Space Precinct fanfic website owner is a member here, sarah2040. I haven't seen her here for some time, and I've just checked, and she hasn't been here since Oct 2006, but it might be worth giving her a PM. I know she had written many Space Precinct stories.

Thanks for that Dave.
Im not saying TB is the best series, just that it seems to attract the most writers, and would be interested to see what writers of other GA series think.
(I've already canvassed a few ideas but always ready for more input).

I was interested in what you said about Space Precinct stories. Looking on general sites like fanfiction.net/fanlib.com and in the fanhistory directory, I can only find stories for listed TB, UFO, Space 1999 and Captain Scarlet, so would be very interested to know if there are stories out there for GA's other series.
quiller

I'll admit to being unaware that there was a large fanfic base for Thunderbirds. It is virtually unknown in the States, regrettably. I am aware of at least three websites dedicated to Space 1999, and have come across a fair number of UFO stories, but I can count the number of Thunderbird stories I've seen on one hand. Where can I find your (and others) Thunderbird stories?