Bioshock officially coming to PS3

Cayal

The Immortal Prince
2k games officially confirmed Bioshock is coming to the PS3.

Personally I am quite happy to have one of the best 360 games coming to the PS3. Can't wait to play it.

Now all I want is Mass Effect.

Cor, took them long enough! :rolleyes:

I wonder if BioShock 2 possibly coming to the PS3 that's done it? Makes sense - if the sequel's on a platform, then the first game should be too.

Cor, took them long enough! :rolleyes:

I wonder if BioShock 2 possibly coming to the PS3 that's done it? Makes sense - if the sequel's on a platform, then the first game should be too.

I'd say so. Though Bioshock 2 hasn't been officially announced so I imagine development will happen on both consoles.

Ahh, didn't see that. I looked up Bioshock 2 on IGN and it had a tag underneath unofficially announced for this platform.

This is not exactly related to the thread, but I hate this sequel culture:mad: Seriously, make another original game instead, it's much better!

I think there are definitely exceptions to the rule. Ken Levine has always done fantastic sequels, and it's safe to say there's more to that world/story than what was told in the first title.

I know I'd like to experience what happened prior to the start of the game; I assume most people who've completed it were intrigued by the struggle between the two main antagonists, and seeing that unfold firsthand might be interesting.

This is not exactly related to the thread, but I hate this sequel culture:mad: Seriously, make another original game instead, it's much better!

Publisher of any type these days won't touch games/books/movies if there are no sequels (also depends on the genre) because it is not financially viable to invest their money into a single bit of entertainment.

This is great news for me. Bioshock is the first Xbox game since Jade Empire that made tempted and even think about getting a box. It looked original and fun among the 100's generic pc like fps of the box.

Wish I could say I was excited. Not exactly a fan of Bully/Pain/Bioshock. Little girls with needles and such, not great stuff for kids to see. Alot of PSN friends will be happy though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bioshock 2 is multiplatform by the way.

And a good thing too. I've got high hopes for the sequel and as many people should get to play it at launch as possible.

I never understood timed exclusives; no one ever based a console purchase on getting a game a couple of months early right?

I understand it from a Microsoft/Sony point of view. Get people to buy your machine to play this game and the sales go to you.

But I don't understand it from a developer view. A year or so later, people will have either:

- played it on the other console
- forgotten about it
or - it has become 'obsolete' with other games coming out.

Plus it probably won't sell much to be a major profit - if any.

That being said I always wanted to play Bioshock and I am going to get it...eventually.

Bioshock is a beautiful game, and I don't just mean graphically; would you kindly go out and buy a copy :D

I gotta get through Silent Hill, Dead Space and LittleBigPlanet and then Resistance 2.

And then Eternal Sonata and Bioshock are on the lists, perhaps Valkyrie Chronicles. Plus the other games I have I haven't finished yet.