Highlander remade/reinvented?

A bit of necromancy here, apologies...but as there are still rumours and signs of a remake
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-24743457]BBC News - New director for planned remake of cult film Highlander

I am a massive highlander fan...owning all 5 movies, the TV series and the anime on DVD I have to say this remake fills me with the same level of dispair that the source did....

Now I hope I am wrong and it turns out well, highlander the original movie had so much elements which work well together I can't see it been reproduced

Sean Connery was amazing as Ramirez (once you ignore a spannish-egyptian having a strong Scottish accent)
Christopher Lambert pulled of connor Epicaly
No one will come close to the kurgan as Clancy brown
And the soundtrack is one of the best I have heard

Though I'm glad to see renewed interest in the franchise.....I'm not happy that its via a remake

I don't see a remake going over well.

A re-*boot* might work better - though I don't hold out much hope their either.

The issue is, like Star Trek, there's a lot of 'mythology' in the Highlander universe, so trying to do it justice and appeal to today's audiences is kind of tricky.

Between this and the oft-discussed MacGyver remakes (oh dear lord please no), I'm going to have a fandom breakdown. /o\