Question about end of Fall of Kings *potential spoiler*

insens

Hi, Just finished FOK.
Have a couple of questions on the end.

1. We know that Gershom is Moses (I like the way they tied in the eruption of Thera into the 10 plagues of Egypt.

but is the 'seven hills' settlement meant to imply Rome?
So is Iulos (Dex) Julius Cesar? or the Father of Julius?

In chapter 35 (flight from Thera), when Andromeche asks Kassandra about Astanynx being the 'Eagle Child', and Kassandra says 'BECAUSE of him, a dynasty will be founded'. Is that supposed to tie in with the Epilogue where Astanynx is described as 'nearly died saving his brothers life'. Does that mean Dex (Iulos) is the Eagle Child? Of course, the battle standard of Rome was the eagle. So from the ruins of Troy comes the mighty empire of Rome?

I'm wondering if DG had planned on his next novel to be about Rome (although, he already wrote about The Stone Army in the Rigante Novel).

I thought that the Seven hills settlement was meant to refer to Rome aswell.

I think Julius Ceasar came a couple of hundred years after rome was initially founded so anyone mentioned wouldn't neccessaraly be linked to his family. I think the founding of Rome was acredited to a set of Twins who fought each other and one of them died I can't remember thier names now but I sure one killed the other? (I may be wrong but I've got a stinking hang-over at the moment;)).

I don't think DG would have written his next book about the Ceasar time period of Rome, maybe he would have written about the birth of Rome but I think he would have probably followed Gershom/Moses and written about the old testament, I would have loved to read Dg's take on that but sadly we'll never know:(

Romulus and Remus wasn't it?

Star Trek education :D

Ah the answers to all questions can be found in the hallowed world of the Trek;)

I should have known that but my heads still messed up:eek: now where did I put that hair from the dog?:confused:

yeah, seven hill s was rome, as helikaon or his real name, prince aeneas founded rome with romules and remus, i read about it after google searching aeneas, its interesting, read it:)

Thanks...
The wiki article is pretty interesting.

This part is interesting...

Family and legendary descendants

Aeneas had an extensive family tree. His wet-nurse was Caieta, and he is the father of Ascanius with Creusa, and of Silvius with Lavinia. The former, also known as Iulus (or Julius), founded Alba Longa and was the first in a long series of kings. According to the mythology outlined by Virgil in the Aeneid, Romulus and Remus were both descendants of Aeneas through their mother Rhea Silvia, making Aeneas progenitor of the Roman people. Some early sources call him their father or grandfather,[1] but considering the commonly accepted dates of the fall of Troy (1184 BC) and the founding of Rome (753 BC), this seems unlikely. The Julian family of Rome, most notably Julius Cæsar and Augustus, traced their lineage to Ascanius and Aeneas, thus to the goddess Venus. Through the Julians, the Palemonids also make this claim. The legendary kings of Britain also trace their family through a grandson of Aeneas, Brutus.

Yes, Seven hills was Rome.

It was often referred: "The Seven Hills of Rome"

"don't think DG would have written his next book about the Ceasar time period of Rome, maybe he would have written about the birth of Rome but I think he would have probably followed Gershom/Moses and written about the old testament, I would have loved to read Dg's take on that but sadly we'll never know"

I don't think he would have written about the old testament, or more about moses. He wasn't big on religion. Look at Jon Shannow.

Aside from all of this, I still find the title of the last book Gemmell would ever write, very fitting.

Indeed, the "seven hills" refers to Rome. Virgil wrote the Aenied, which introduces the myth of the Trojan Aeneas founding Rome. Julius Caesar was about eight centuries later!