The Dark Legion - Book I'm thinking of turning to (writing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexM

Trying to Write
Hey guys, you may of read my last post about the book but I got a new idea for this one. Last night I had a dream about it and figured i'd see if its worth writing.

Well here is what I got so far (idea not actual writing).

In a land where the church rules without fear a group of warlocks that go by the name the Dark Legion is all but left of who can stand against the church. For centuries though they have been hunted down and killed over belief of Hierachy - the church believes that those who can use magic are sons of satan and have no right to live on their land. The Dark Legion though are diminishing in numbers and are soon to be extinct, they need allies.

They could not escape forever, the church had to many men and they were forced to flee into the northern lands. a land that holds great beauty but death to those who enter, no one has ever returned from the land. With only a band of 17 members left they discover a kingdom which held a prophecy of a wizard that would take his position as their king and defeat the enemy of the southern land. The Dark Legion knew they could exploit the kingdom as their desire for power and wealth was greater than their need to help. But they knew if they were to survive they had to defeat their enemies of the south.

~ Thats all I got so far, not very well detailed but a rough outline, what you guys think? I also thought it would be a good idea to go in the direction of a group of bad guys as the main characters that defeat the good guys.

Cheers,

Alex

Personally, I find it a very intriguing idea. I'd like to see what you do with it. I personally find that with a little bit of tweaking, many dreams make most excellent tales. I don't have as many story-like-dreams, as I've always called them, but my best friend has, and she gives me the rights to all of them. Now if I'd just get around to writing them out. :p

Good luck. I think you've got something really good there in a bare bones kind of way just yet.

thanks, i was just thinking of just writing it without planning it and if something should be in it i'd take it out or add something in.

My other idea is instead of going to the north but perhaps one of their own kills the rest for power and goes on search for a burial ground or something of a dead wizard who was very powerful and wants to raise his power and use it for himself. And then the goodies or something try to stop him.

cheers,

Alex

thanks, i was just thinking of just writing it without planning it and if something should be in it i'd take it out or add something in.

My other idea is instead of going to the north but perhaps one of their own kills the rest for power and goes on search for a burial ground or something of a dead wizard who was very powerful and wants to raise his power and use it for himself. And then the goodies or something try to stop him.

cheers,

Alex

No I'd stick with the original - 17 against the world. By all means let them find things to increase their power but if it's too powerful and makes winning too easy the prospect of a series will be killed. Just enough to hold back the south in constant turmoil sounds better to me.

alright i'll do that, thanks for your opinions guys! But i'm not sure about the whole church thing right now.. perhaps a king who wants them dead because of Hierachy or a corrupted one who wants their power? and perhaps The Dark Legion have some assassin skills to that can combine with their dark power?

Sounds like a great idea for a novel - a nice change from the usual farm boy off on a quest! I also like the slightly opportunistic nature of the warlocks, it makes more interesting and more believable than a totally pure character...
I would personally stick with the Church idea - it's also a nice change from the usual despotic monarch, fighting an entire organisation is more of a challenge!

I also think the Church is a fantastic opportunity.

You could create a faction of Paladin-Style hunters, who's sole purpose it is to defend the Church from Warlocks.

Throw in a few High Churches, a pattern room that can allow some mean teleportation battles (between all the High Churches) and of course, some corrupt members of the Church who help them out

I can see this being a coolio idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.