Are there Lexx fans left?

The ending to that needed some work but I think the idea was solid.

I watched the first series (the four to movies) and really enjoyed them. After then, the series got too bogged down with cheap shots on sex, so I stopped watching. I have heard that it picks up, so I'm waiting for the entire collection to be released on blu ray so that I can Bing watch.

The first two series were great; "eating pattern" and "lafftrak" being particularly outstanding.

The last two series; "fire and water" and then "little blue planet" (all of the series, not just those two episodes) were utter tosh. Literally from the moment you meet Prince, it dies for me.

"I destroyed a universe!" should have been the last line ever; the rest was just "we're doing it for the money".

The first two series were great; "eating pattern" and "lafftrak" being particularly outstanding.

The last two series; "fire and water" and then "little blue planet" (all of the series, not just those two episodes) were utter tosh. Literally from the moment you meet Prince, it dies for me.

"I destroyed a universe!" should have been the last line ever; the rest was just "we're doing it for the money".

Started out comical and became ever more grim and dark. Overall a great series throughout its entire run. Epic stuff. (y)

I enjoyed the first two series of Lexx, third wasn't so good and never saw the fourth.
Series one is now on YouTube but sadly no sub-titles, which is a bit annoying if your a bit deaf like me ( too much metal bashing at work without protection ).

I vaguely remember watching random episodes of Lexx back in the very late 90s either on Ch4 or 5 - usually at some ungodly hour too!

On most occasions back then I would be at home after spending a Friday or Saturday evening down the pub slightly pie-eyed! And in my tipsy state some of the episodes kind of made sense!

It reminded me of a cross between ST:TNG and Barbarella (the 1968 film with Jane Fonda) - a totally "out there" concept, but still trying to be somber and serious at the same time, despite the preposterous storylines.

I recall recording some episodes to VHS, but never got round to watching them; and neither have I really bothered to follow up since.

I also encountered Lexx as HanaBi did - I think on Ch5 with poor reception at the time. I subsequently bought the first 3 series on VHS but only watched parts of the 4th.

Weird, quirky, but watchable.

I also encountered Lexx as HanaBi did
Ditto. Got a bargain DVD boxset some years ago. Still bizarre, humerous, imaginative (that swarm of hands I think) and one of the most alluring accents I've ever heard.

I vaguely remember watching random episodes of Lexx back in the very late 90s either on Ch4 or 5 - usually at some ungodly hour too!

On most occasions back then I would be at home after spending a Friday or Saturday evening down the pub slightly pie-eyed! And in my tipsy state some of the episodes kind of made sense.
I also encountered Lexx as HanaBi did - I think on Ch5 with poor reception at the time.
Bizarrely, that is also how I also watched it, back home late, from a long night shift at work. Maybe not drunk yet, but certainly extremely tired. It was the only thing on TV but I never worked out what was going on, and I do remember there was something wrong with the sound quality. I'm glad that it wasn't only me then.

Has this been released on Blu Ray yet? (I might get the box set and watch the lot from Start to finish)

I remember seeing Lexx in the tv listings, it was late at night near Christmas and sounded interesting, so I set up the video tape recorder timer ( using the six year old boy supplied with the recorder (lol)), this was the late ninties.
When I watched it the next day, it was the first episode of series one, I thought wow, this is the type of SF I love, so over the top .
Later I got the dvds, still think the first series was outstanding!!!

Last edited:
There's at least one, me.

It was terribly funny, but a bit dark and gruesome. It killed off a heartbreakingly beautiful girl I would have really liked to seen more of much too quickly but they all do that. I wish they'd show it again.

Yes she was a looker, especially in the shower scene in the second episode (naughty old me(lol)).

There's at least one, me.

It was terribly funny, but a bit dark and gruesome. It killed off a heartbreakingly beautiful girl I would have really liked to seen more of much too quickly but they all do that. I wish they'd show it again.

They didn't have much choice. She had taken another job before the second season was picked up.

I think they're all included with an Amazon Prime subscription as well.

The Lexx was and is totally awesome. Yes it’s cheap and trashy on the surface, but it’s deep, tragic, hilarious, bold, even pushes some sci-fi boundaries.. and I love it so much I just uploaded an 84 part soundtrack I created, that includes dialogue and all the songs and music from the show.
so if you’re looking for oberons tree song, or it’s magic magic baby, or the live Newfoundland yo-way-yo…
‘you can get to it here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCduqbW92lbkmjLjCtPx47LQ

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Lexx 5
T Lexx 0
L Lexx 0
G Lexx 7
P Lexx 12