Feast for Crows: what should be in it?

Re: Feast of Crows: what should be in it?

Arya!! Lots and lots of Arya!!! :)

I reckon it's going to centre mainly in 3 areas though...the Wall, The Iron Islands and Dany

just my opinion! :D

Tryion hooking up with Dany and her dragons.:D Not in any sexual kind of way...but to help her with insights about King's Landing and what to expect when she finally gets over there.

I would think Sansa and Littlefinger will be a big part of this new book as well.

The wall, kings landing, the Eyre and Dany meeting Tyrion and Arya! and what about the BwB?in the last chapter of aSoS... oh man it makes me shiver just thinking of it!

I don't think Tyrion will go to Ghis or seek out Daenerys. It's too obvious for Tyrion. He's a clever character, and clever characters always do what at first seems to be unexpected, but turns out to be the rational choice once you see all the variables in the equation. Illyrio will push Tyrion to go to Daenerys and that alone will make Tyrion not want to go. After all that time with the spider there's no way Tyrion will trust any of these guys. The place where Tyrion has the strongest allies and the best chance for exacting revenge would be to go to the moon, mountains, that is.
Who didn't love Timet son of Timet? Who got Tyrion in all this mess by framing him for Jon Arryn's murder?
Must kill Littlefinger.
He organized the clansmen once, he can do it again. They won't be able to sack the Eyrie, but they don't need to. Just pin the army of the Vale down long enough to keep them out of the way for Dorne to smash Highgarden. Dorne is Tyrion's second best possible ally in Westeros.
Anyway, that was all just a quick little idea, I'm sure it makes no sense, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Jeroam said:
He organized the clansmen once, he can do it again. They won't be able to sack the Eyrie, but they don't need to. Just pin the army of the Vale down long enough to keep them out of the way for Dorne to smash Highgarden. Dorne is Tyrion's second best possible ally in Westeros.
Anyway, that was all just a quick little idea, I'm sure it makes no sense, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Good point there, Jeroam. Although I'm not sure that Dorne will be involved, Tyrion has mentioned before that he can give the Eyrie to the clansmen. I always thought that while he was imprisoned there, he must have figured out a way to conquer the Eyrie- some weakness or other. Or, he's just a heck of a lot more clever than we knew... after all, it was his idea in the first place that
****SPOILER****

Littlefinger and Lysa wed (in CoK). Perhaps he has a grand scheme to pay Littlefinger back in full for the harm that he has done.

At any rate, I think that Tyrion has a lot more up his sleeve than anyone has guessed yet. I think so far, we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

It'll great to see Daenerys and Tyrion working together - that will certainly be a big event.

However, with Daenerys staying put in SoS, and Tyrion almost certainly in a very despressed state, I shouldn't expect the two to join forces anytime soon - maybe hooked up by the end of volume 4, with volume 5 is where they both start working together.

Also - we need to see Bran doing something. We have a tantalising meeting at the end of Storm of Swords, but so far Bran has been very peripheral to the story - we really need to start seeing him involved more, especially his spiritual evolution.

I wouldn't be surprised if we maybe see a point of view from Sandor sometime in the future - his hooking up with Arya, even for a time, reinforces his position as an important player in the book, not least his judgement by Beric.

Also - we've yet to see how Jon and Mance will work out - I'll be very surprised if Jon allows Mance to be executed, but getting the allegiance of Mance to help have the wildlings protect the Gift will be very interesting.

EDIT: Sandor from Clegor :)

Brian I don't mean to be "that guy", but the title of the novel is A Feast for Crows:)

Also - we've yet to see how Jon and Mance will work out - I'll be very surprised if Jon allows Mance to be executed, but getting the allegiance of Mance to help have the wildlings protect the Gift will be very interesting.

I see someone who hasn't read the spoiler chapters:)

I said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we maybe see a point of view from Clegor sometime in the future - his hooking up with Arya, even for a time, reinforces his position as an important player in the book, not least his judgement by Beric.

I also hate to be THAT guy but you seem to be combining Sandor and Clegane and Gregor all into one. But I do agree that it would be interesting to see a POV from Sandor Clegane, the Hound. But I also like seeing him from the eyes of women like Arya and Sansa, I think we get a very clear picture of him through their interpretation of him.

As far as what I'd like to see in Feast, Jon assert himself and become the leader of men that his father was on the Wall, Sansa grow up and learn to use Littlefinger as he uses everyone else, and Beric Dondarrion slaying Gregor Clegane (who I suspect will NOT die from the poisoning by the Red Viper, he's too strong for poison to kill him).

Martin has gone on record saying that he despises writing "training chapters" so I don't think we'll get a lot of Bran or Dany or even Rickon until the next volume.

AFFC really needs to advance the story concerning The Wall/Others. So far, the series has been very heavy on the human based politics of Westeros and hasn't yet delivered on the promise of the AGoT prologue... which foreshadowed alot of involvement of the Others.

I've read a few interviews of GRRM and he has admitted that he finds it easier to write about the court intrigue aspect of the series versus the supernatural aspect of the plot. Its my thinking that the delay of AFFC is largely due to GRRM's struggling with this... Don't get me wrong, I think GRRM makes court intrigue fun to read, but I think if this series is ultimately about the people of Westeros' battle with the Others, GRRM must really kick this part of the story into high gear.

This is why you can take this prediction to the bank: The Wall will come tumbling down at the end of FEAST.

Brian I don't mean to be "that guy"

No problem at all - my typos have been bloody awful of late. :)

I need to slow down. :)

EDIT: As for the spoiler chapter links - I figure there's plenty of editing still ahead, so I'd rather read the story unfolding, rather than read the 'York Notes' versions. :)

:confused: What I would like to see is a summary! It's been too long and I haven't got the time (or energy) to read the series from the beginning again. :confused:

Lord of Winterfell said:
This is why you can take this prediction to the bank: The Wall will come tumbling down at the end of FEAST.

I think that's a little too early, Lord. I think the Wall will come down, and the Others will beat back the Night's Watch and everyone else, possibly all the way to King's Landing, but I predict it will happen closer to the end of the series.

As I've said before in other threads, what is the only thing that can fight the cold and Wights of the North? Dragonfire. And I suspect Dany will land in Westeros at a very oppurtune time to save the Seven Kingdoms and while she's at it, retake the Iron Throne.

In that case, I think the Wall will have to fall in the 5th book (or the 6th if he needs to to to 7 volumes).

Aack! I had a dream last night that I had a copy of "A Feast For Crows" in my hands, before it hit the presses, and it was terrible! Gawd, what a horrid way to wake up!:( :eek:

Arya U., I've had the same dream. I woke up one morning convinced that AFFC would be sitting on my beside table! Torture!

All I can really say to this post is I hope and pray that I have no idea what so ever! I hope Mr Martin shows us all why his forum here has 1700+ posts and even Tolkien's has only some 300+ posts! I hope I can't put the book down and I hope I want to read it again and again like the previous three books in this excellent series! :D

Rahl

Just think though, Arry - if you had the book now, you'd be finished in a couple of days, and then have years in which to wait in agony for the next sequel. ;)