Dresden Files Books newbie Discussion

I think he still lives about the same distance from me now as before I moved. :( (and I've just realized I haven't updated my location here - ha!)

But - maybe you will bump into him. *g* Though - keep checking for new photos, he chopped all his hair off a few years back and I'm not sure what he's got going on with it now.

I'm actually re-reading the latter part of the series now, currently on "Changes"... by the time I'm done, it'll be time to go back to "Dead Beat" and read through in time for the next book. =)

I see this is an old thread, but I'm sure many new readers are always discovering Jim Butcher as I did a couple of years ago. I've only read the last few books; not sure if I want to go back and read all the earlier ones but I'm definitely going to watch out for new entries!

I started reading these this year...maybe late last year. Read all them up to Small Favour. Can't get enough of them.

These are books that I especially enjoy listening to. There are audio book versions of many, though I don't about all of them. They have that old fashioned adventure style that works well in this format.

Hi

I just have a question for those who have read the series

Is it one continuing story or are the books standalone with recurring characters? I don't mind either way it's just something I always like to know before starting a series.

They're standalone books towards the beginning of the series, Silver Owl. Later on (I've just finished Ghost Story) the arc becomes more important. You could just about get away with reading them on their own, but you might lose some of the nuances.

Welcome to the Chrons, by the way. :)

They're standalone books towards the beginning of the series, Silver Owl. Later on (I've just finished Ghost Story) the arc becomes more important. You could just about get away with reading them on their own, but you might lose some of the nuances.

Welcome to the Chrons, by the way. :)

Thanks for the info!

I have been looking all weekend for some new authors I might enjoy and Dresden files came up so I may get the first one tomorrow on my trip to the book store.

We'll I say the 1st one but I'm terrible in bookstores I usually leave having spent much more than I intended:eek:

Thanks for the welcome by the way.